Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Mpaavo82  
#1 Posted : Saturday, September 27, 2014 7:51:37 PM(UTC)
Mpaavo82

Groups: Registered

Hi, I am a brand new member here but am a member on other non related forums. So I know to research and not to just post MY DRYER WONT HEAT HELP.
I have done some research but after trying the usual suspects I have came up short.

The dryer will turn on, igniter glows, gas kicks on. The drum sounds like it is turning at the normal rate. 10 minutes into the cycle I will hear a click and the flame shuts off. The drum will continue to spin. If I wait 1 minute and restart the machine it will again heat up but will shut down within 5 minutes.

So this is what I have done so far.
1st I thought it would be the coils, ordered a repair kit that came with coils, 2 thermostats and a thermal fuse.

I replaced the coils and while I had the lid and front off, I cleaned all the dust and lint, including blowing out the motor, and all other components.

I pulled off the back and again cleaned all dust off of everything. I removed the lint tube and cleaned alot of debris out of there. I cleaned the blower wheel at this point as well. I replaced the 2 thermostats/themal switchs one on the housing over the blower wheel and one on the tube from the heating tube.

I also checked the ducting and that was clean.

So after all of this I was confident it would fix the issue, but it did not.

So I jumped wires while it was running to see what was causing the heat to shut off. The thermostat on the lint tube/ blower motor cover was the culprit.
It has 4 wires, 2 red and 2 purple. I hooked the same colors togethor.

It was able to run the full time, on all settings. So I also touched the vent tube and it was very hot. I am not sure how hot it should be but it was too hot to touch for more than a moment.

So I am thinking that the dryer is getting too hot and then the thermal switch/thermostat at the vent is sensing it is too hot and shutting the flame off.

What could cause this and how can I test the items that may have failed

I am not by any means an electritian but can use a multimeter. I have a cheap harbor freight one that I use to check continuity on my seadoo's

Thanks for any responces in advance.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.