Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
350rocket  
#1 Posted : Saturday, October 24, 2009 2:33:23 PM(UTC)
350rocket

Groups: Registered

HEEELLLPPPPP!!! Oven burner was slow to light, seemed weak as well. Replaced valve (I now know that should have replaced ignitor first). did not help. So, I read some posts and replaced the oven ignitor. This solved the slow to light issue. (went from a 120 second delay to about 50 seconds). However, now the flame for the oven burner is so big that it comes out around the base pan and up through the slots on the sides of the drip pan inside the oven. I screwed around with the air sleeve, and that changes the flame from blue and clean, to yellow and smokey, as you might expect, but it is still way to big of a flame. I triple checked my assembly methods and everything looks normal, the broiler and the stove top burners all work normally. (and always did). So now I dont know what to replace! It can't be the regulator, right? There are no error codes and the oven sure seems to think everything is fine, excpet for these giant flames! The broiler and top burners all use the one regulator and they are normal. The problem occurs with both valves and both ignitors, the old ones and the new ones, I changed them back and forth a couple times with no help. I would sure appreciate anyone who knows what might be cooking with this unit, cause it ain't dinner till I get this problem solved!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.