Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
thix2112  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 27, 2014 6:51:05 PM(UTC)
thix2112

Groups: Registered

Hello -

Can anyone tell me how to remove the push button keypad panel on a Jenn Air Double oven, model jjw8230dds? Do I have to remove the oven from the wall to replace the push button panel?

4 of the push buttons have stopped working. I am not getting any error codes so I think the electronics are OK. I believe the proper part number is: AP4397084

I have disconnected the power for 5 minutes but that did not help.

Thanks
Tom
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

thix2112  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 3, 2014 1:42:42 PM(UTC)
thix2112

Well I took a chance and ordered the replacement keypad part indicated above. When I got it i saw 2 screw holes on each side indicating that the part does not just pop out. So I read the installation instructions for the oven and just did the reverse. Slid the oven out a few inches. Removed the old panel (had to remove 4 side screws, and 4 screws that mounted the electronics panel, and 2 ribbon connections - no problem). Replaced with new keypad panel. All the buttons now work like a charm. I did not troubleshoot the old panel to find out if it was just the button switches or a bad ribbon connection. I will keep the old in reserve in the event the new one has problems.:)
Rodrica  
#3 Posted : Thursday, June 16, 2016 12:43:26 PM(UTC)
Rodrica

I had similar problem of various numbers on my keypad not working and purchased the control panel.

Thanks for your posting, it helped me remove the oven screws and pull the oven outwards about 6" to access the control panel and replace the control panel. The oven is working like new and wife is happy.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply