Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
t21  
#1 Posted : Sunday, August 10, 2014 7:58:39 PM(UTC)
t21

Groups: Registered

I had just replaced my Auger motor dispenser with a new replacement a week ago and it was working fine till' today. The motor just hums like its trying to turn the auger but nothing. I tried to turn it by hand but it won't budge. My original motor did the same thing, but after i thawed it out it would work again but it stops again after a day. I ordered(motor)/replaced it thinking it was going out anyway. Now,back to the same problem again:mad: need help on this please,thanks!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

hai54  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, August 12, 2014 3:11:20 PM(UTC)
hai54

Originally Posted by: t21 Go to Quoted Post
I had just replaced my Auger motor dispenser with a new replacement a week ago and it was working fine till' today. The motor just hums like its trying to turn the auger but nothing. I tried to turn it by hand but it won't budge. My original motor did the same thing, but after i thawed it out it would work again but it stops again after a day. I ordered(motor)/replaced it thinking it was going out anyway. Now,back to the same problem again:mad: need help on this please,thanks!

You should clean out all moisture and water inside motor dispenser plastic cover. Put a little vaseline around motor and coil to lubricate and to prevent moisture getting in between and freeze the motor. If the evaporator thermistor failed, it creates more moistures than normal. Ice cubes melted and stick together because of this. Good luck.
t21  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, August 13, 2014 4:23:15 PM(UTC)
t21

thank you for your reply hai54. I tried that last night and it worked but, today it did the same thing. I applied a light coat of vaseline on the coil and the motor housing and cleaned out the plastic cover. I'm not sure what is causing it to freeze up. My fridge is 11 years old and had no issue till recently. You mentioned the thermistor might be failing so i will take a look at that.Thank you for your help and would appreciate any other suggestion.
hai54  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, August 19, 2014 6:04:24 PM(UTC)
hai54

I have the same problem. The ice cubes melted and stick together as iceberg inside the bucket. It created more moistures that become ice inside motor. I replaced all 3 thermistors and the ice cubes are fine. After I thrawn and clean the ice inside dispenser motor, lube with vaseline, it works more than a week now. Check the flap door to make sure it closes completely after dispensing ice cube. The moisture from the room outside could get inside freezer and freezes dispensing motor.
t21  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, August 19, 2014 7:46:17 PM(UTC)
t21

thanks again for your reply. The ice cubes were fine and also the flap door but, one thing that really bothers me is that i cannot pinpoint where the thermistor cover is located according to the site diagram. You have changed 3 thermistors so i guess is it located where the evaporator coil is at? I also might have to add a bit more vaseline on that motor.
hai54  
#6 Posted : Thursday, August 21, 2014 11:17:28 AM(UTC)
hai54

My refrigerator has 3 thermistors. Two are in freezer section and one is in food section. I don't know how many of them on your. It looks like you have only two. One in each section. The evaporator sensor is clip on the coil tubing. You have to open the back wall to see this part. The reason I changed all of them because GE has default thermistor on any model before 2005. The kind of thermistor with black sealing at both ends. It test out 16k ohm under ice water. However, it performed erratically. The new one now is white at both ends. There is one defrost thermostat to turn on or off the heater coil. Make sure it is working. Good luck. There is web site http://www.********************.com/ to show you how to change them.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply