Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mjswider  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, July 9, 2014 5:02:36 AM(UTC)
mjswider

Groups: Registered

I recently performed several repairs on my washer, including replacing teh water pump. The motor shaft was a bit rusty and difficult to remove from the old pump, and the old pump started leaking when I re-installed it. I don't recall now why I felt I needed to remove the pump. I do recall I needed to be careful in lining up the flats of the motor shaft with the flats on the pump when installing. The new pump has the flats stripped away nearly all the way around. It is also rather difficult for the pump to spin, as it was from the beginning. that is, if I spin my bike tire, it rotates for several seconds before stopping. When I rotate the shaft of the water pump, there is resistance, and no free rotation. Is this normal for a washing machine water pump? I suspect this contributed to the stripping of the shaft, and want to be sure when I get a new one that I am aware of how it should behave/feel brand new.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.