Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Vickycp  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 1, 2014 7:04:15 AM(UTC)
Vickycp

Groups: Registered

My washer is not responding! I have cleaned the drain line (3 years ago and just yesterday), I have replaced the door latch assembley (8 months ago) and now it does nothing after you push start. The NO SPIN light comes on after a few seconds but it doesn't fill or rotate or even sound like it is trying to do so. The door sounds like it is latching. Thoughts? I posted a longer description but I think it went missing, if it shows up, I apologize for the duplicate.
Thanks!
Vicky
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Friday, July 4, 2014 5:46:14 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

See if the tech notes inside the lower service panel will allow you to do some testing and generate some diagnostics.

If you cannot do that then the control unit is suspect.

Sorry not to be more specific but that is situation with these models, terribly hard to diagnose even if we were present.
Vickycp  
#3 Posted : Sunday, July 6, 2014 9:34:46 AM(UTC)
Vickycp

Groups: Registered

Thank you for your input!
In my other post (the one that went missing) I detailed all the other problems this washer has and so, I just went and got anther one. Not the least expensive solution but the Frigidaire was beyond its three stirke limit. I bought an LG top loader and so far, so good. The thing I really like about it is an app that lets you hold your smart phone up to the machine and it will emit signals that help figure out what's wrong if there is a problem.
Thanks again!
sidfink43  
#4 Posted : Sunday, July 6, 2014 10:37:02 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

Well that sounds good, when the Frigidaire front loaders go bad replacing them is usually the proper solution.

We have known for some time that the diagnostic over the smart phone was coming, and we are interested to hear how that works out. If you have occasion to use it let us know what happens.

Thanks and good luck.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply