Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
DELFONIK  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 24, 2014 4:01:54 AM(UTC)
DELFONIK

Groups: Registered

Good morning. I came home yesterday to a plastic piece and spring on the ground in front of my Samsung RSG257AARS fridge. Upon inspection, I noticed the ice cover (flap) was just hanging open, and the spring and broken piece were part of the ice cover assy (Samsung Part #DA97-00883E).

My fridge is a year and a half old, so I'm out of warranty and will need to order a replacement cover.

My question is, how do you remove the display panel to access the cover? I see a single phillips screw and two tabs on the side of the piece underneath the panel, tried removing the screw and prying but didn't want to mess anything up.

I've attached some pictures for reference.

Thanks in advance!
DELFONIK attached the following image(s):
IMG_5432.JPG
IMG_5454.JPG
IMG_5455.JPG
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

1BadGrady  
#2 Posted : Monday, July 14, 2014 7:16:07 AM(UTC)
1BadGrady

Unbelievable! Same thing just happened to mine. Must need a recall...
I too have been searching for directions and short of buying a service manual haven't had much luck finding the procedure for removing the panel.
Did you have any luck finding it? I'll definitely respond back if I figure anything out.
DELFONIK  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, July 16, 2014 10:16:26 AM(UTC)
DELFONIK

Originally Posted by: 1BadGrady Go to Quoted Post
Unbelievable! Same thing just happened to mine. Must need a recall...
I too have been searching for directions and short of buying a service manual haven't had much luck finding the procedure for removing the panel.
Did you have any luck finding it? I'll definitely respond back if I figure anything out.

Are you able to click on my profile and send me an email? I have that option enabled for other users to send me an email. I need to contact you but did not see that option in your profile.
1BadGrady  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, July 16, 2014 3:03:19 PM(UTC)
1BadGrady

I found you on the other site. Job is done, thanks
Jennyd2323  
#5 Posted : Thursday, July 17, 2014 7:40:11 AM(UTC)
Jennyd2323

Hi, I am have the same problem with my Samsung fridge as you guys. Would one of you be able to attach the step by step instructions? I have been looking everywhere. I need to replace the water and ice dispenser but cant seem to find directions. Any help would be appreciated. thanks!
1BadGrady  
#6 Posted : Friday, July 18, 2014 9:44:52 AM(UTC)
1BadGrady

Originally Posted by: Jennyd2323 Go to Quoted Post
Hi, I am have the same problem with my Samsung fridge as you guys. Would one of you be able to attach the step by step instructions? I have been looking everywhere. I need to replace the water and ice dispenser but cant seem to find directions. Any help would be appreciated. thanks!

Go to How to remove display panel to access ice cover?Delfonik has posted everything you need. Good Luck
John Rawlsky  
#7 Posted : Sunday, October 23, 2016 10:29:24 AM(UTC)
John Rawlsky

I have the screw removed and the bottom two tabs loose but cannot get the top loose. Any thoughts would help. RSG257AARS
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply