Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
LaneFowler  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, May 28, 2014 5:22:15 AM(UTC)
LaneFowler

Groups: Registered

Maytag ELECTRIC Dryer - Model LDE9800ACW - 22 Yrs old

It Buzzes when the start button is pushed, but will not start. This is the same buzz signal it makes when a cycle is complete.

I was replacing the blower wheel and failed to unplug the unit. My fault! :mad: . Access is from the front by removing 2 screws at bottom of front panel and lifting up and out.

In order to get into the blower housing, you have to remove a metal shield that protects a series of wires/connectors on the front of the blower housing (Cycling thermostat???). When I removed the screws at the base that holds the metal sheild, gravity allowed it to move backwards and fall against the wires on the blower housing cover. This error produced mmediate sparks with the buzzing noise that normally occurs when the dryer is ready to shut-off. This went on for 20 seconds before I was able to get a wooden broom handle to knock the metal shield away from electrical contact. It was hot enough to produce a burn mark on the frame where it made contact.

The problem: Dryer is reassembled and dreum would seem to spin fine by hand. However, the dryer will not start when the start button is pushed. It buzzes, and that's it.

My thought is that I fried a Fuse, i.e., the thermal fuse? At the same time, the connectors/wires on the blower housing against which the shiled seemed to make contact do not include the theraml fuse?

Thoughts? Where is the termal fuse? On the Heating element tube accessed from the fron and not the back?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.