Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
pmhstar  
#1 Posted : Monday, April 28, 2014 10:58:36 AM(UTC)
pmhstar

Groups: Registered

Periodically this washer appears to get stuck on very slow spin generally during Spin cycle. Sometime we come back and it has timed out with flashing END light and other times we see the continuous slow spin. It seems to get stuck at the initial or 2nd speed that helps distribute and balance the load before the real spin speeds. Have service manual and done diagnostics, generally everything with spin cycle seems OK. Also opened machine and looked for loose wires/connections or board problems; nothing obvious. My best guess other than connection/wire is Inverter Control board or speed pickup on motor (or possibly speed switch).

We have had several problems with this unit over the years and I don't want to buy expensive parts that I don't need. My wife wants another machine if we can't fix but another good (LG) 24" front loader costs $1,000 (we live in US Virgin Islands).

Thanks in advance for your help!!
I will be happy to do specific diagnostic tests and report if needed.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.