Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Nicholas482109  
#1 Posted : Monday, October 19, 2009 4:59:00 PM(UTC)
Nicholas482109

Groups: Registered

Hi, I moved into a new apartment and there has been this old dryer under the counter in the kitchen since. This weekend we pulled it out and were surprised it worked. I decided to use it today to see if it dried my clothes. After about an hour I thought something with the dryer was broken since it did not seem to heat up. I checked it about 1 and half hours in and noticed that it is getting warm inside, although only slightly.

Since we do not have any duct connected to it we are running it on our back porch. the temperature is around 40 F outside and its not making any visible exhaust and the exhaust doesn't feel very warm at all. Does anyone have any ideas why this is working this way?

M# 110.78670100
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 21, 2009 9:08:15 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

The chances are extremely high that it is fully clogged with lint. You are going to have to open it and clean it out everywhere, but particularly in the lint chute or lint exhaust from the drum past the blower to the outside. Also clean lint off the intake and outflow grids in the dryer.

A dryer in an apartment is almost certain to have this problem. Do not use it again until you have done this as it is a fire hazard.

Good luck.
Nicholas482109  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, October 21, 2009 11:03:11 AM(UTC)
Nicholas482109

Groups: Registered

Thanks for the reply, I cleaned the exhaust shoot yesterday but not the intake and there was a great deal of lint trapped everywhere. Is there anyway of cleaning it easily? I flushed it in my tub but that did not get everything and picking out the lint is time consuming and the grate cut my hand. Is there anything that will break the lint down?
sidfink43  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, October 21, 2009 11:18:48 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

Yes there is an easy way, but it may not be available to you.

What we do is take out the drum and then use compressed air to blow out everything (obviously we have to do this outdoors). If you cannot do this then as powerful a vac as you have is the best you can do. Also, take off the console as believe it or not there will be a large amount of lint in there also.

I know this is a struggle, particularly since it is not yours but this is time well spent. The only way your dryer will work well is to get all of that lint out and have free flowing air. The only way you will not to set your place on fire is to get all of that lint out.

As my hero Larry the Cable Guy says, "git'er done"
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply