Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
cmeek711  
#1 Posted : Saturday, March 1, 2014 5:40:21 AM(UTC)
cmeek711

Groups: Registered

We are having problems particularly with glasses. They come looking very dull and unclean. I am sure the rest of the wash is just as dirty but it is harder to see. We have cleaned a filter screen in the center of the bottom of the dishwasher to no avail. Anyone have any suggestions?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

festeraddams  
#2 Posted : Saturday, March 1, 2014 6:54:20 PM(UTC)
festeraddams

If they are foggy/ cloudy, then you have a detergent buildup.

If you use Gel detergent, STOP.

If you use powder, good, make sure you are only filling the larger part of the dispenser only about 1/2 full.

Check and make shure you are getting enough water. Start the dishwasher and let it fill till it starts to wash, open door and see if you can see water in the bottom (not only in pump, but in floor of dishwasher). If water seems scarce you may need a water valve. If this looks good continue on.

Use a cleaner called Dishwasher MAGIC to clean the unit, you will want to run the Heavy and the High Temp Wash cycle and the unit needs to be empty of dishes when running this cleaner.

Also there may be a recall on this unit, call the 800# on top of the door on the inside there is a sticker with an 800#, call them and ask if you fit into the "HEATER REWORK" with your model/serial#'s (ignore this if it already has been done or there is a blue dot near the model/serial #....)

If it is not cloudy/ foggy, let us know more details about the description of the resultant clean (or post pictures.)
cmeek711  
#3 Posted : Monday, March 3, 2014 1:58:41 AM(UTC)
cmeek711

Thanks for your quick reply. Your description of our condition was better than mine. Yes we use a Jel detergent and fill both compartments about half full. We will make the switch to powder and check out the other things you mentioned. I assume that Dishwasher Magic will be available locally, is that correct?
cmeek711  
#4 Posted : Monday, March 10, 2014 2:17:00 PM(UTC)
cmeek711

Originally Posted by: cmeek711 Go to Quoted Post
Thanks for your quick reply. Your description of our condition was better than mine. Yes we use a Jel detergent and fill both compartments about half full. We will make the switch to powder and check out the other things you mentioned. I assume that Dishwasher Magic will be available locally, is that correct?

:) :) :) :) Thank you very much. This appeared to solve our problem. We switched to Cascade powder and used the Dishwasher magic before. Everything comes out much cleaner. Again THANKS!!! :) :) :) :)
C. Meek
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply