Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jkbrennan  
#1 Posted : Saturday, January 25, 2014 10:48:00 AM(UTC)
jkbrennan

Groups: Registered

Greetings,

I've searched around quite a bit, and given the difficulty describing noises by others and the myriad possibilities of things wrong, I've I decided to ask for some pointers before I started taking the Kenmore stacked W/D apart... (I'm at work so I don't have the model #, though I found a pic of the exact same unit online, its this one:

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Sooo,

This has been used lightly, I believe its a 2007. It worked great until I moved it with a dolly; it was moved carefully, no stairs, only a threshold.

With draining, supply line, and electric all good to go in new location the tub filled up fine, agitated (proper terminology?) and when it first began to drain, the water started weeping through the rear body of the unit, not the drain pipe. (FYI this was on the regular setting). I quickly shut it off, recheck all drainage connections, and then moving around the selector to see if one of the settings might be cooperative, I noticed a sound best described as "ratcheting" when the selector would get ready to engage the spin cycle. (Not as loud or intense as an impact wrench, but in that vicinity. Think of an impact wrench on painkillers...)

Thats where I left off last night- While I'm not afraid to take things apart, I was hoping that the timeline of events might help me get some advice to narrow it down, rather than go at it blindly!

Thank you kindly,

Jared
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

fairbank56  
#2 Posted : Saturday, January 25, 2014 12:33:26 PM(UTC)
fairbank56

Groups: Expert

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Need the model number. Could be a Whirlpool unit or Frigidaire.

Eric
jkbrennan  
#3 Posted : Saturday, January 25, 2014 4:17:28 PM(UTC)
jkbrennan

model # is 417.97822700

Thanks for any input!
fairbank56  
#4 Posted : Saturday, January 25, 2014 6:10:06 PM(UTC)
fairbank56

Groups: Expert

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Frigidaire. I'm not that familiar with the Frigidaire stacked model although I do know it has an electric drain pump. Sounds like something may have been damaged underneath while you were moving it. Maybe someone else here can help with that model.

Eric
jkbrennan  
#5 Posted : Saturday, January 25, 2014 8:27:24 PM(UTC)
jkbrennan

Thanks Eric!

I appreciate the consideration. As it goes, problem solved.

For the record, for any future troubleshooters-

Knowing this machine had marginal use and it worked well right before I moved it (and although it was moved carefully) something got tweaked in the process. With power off at the panel, I used a wet vac to get all the water out;removed 4 screws to take the middle and front panels off, and then tightened/aligned the belt via turning by turning the wheel below the transmission by hand. For good measure, I shored up the levelness, which may very well have been the source of the problem. Either way, good to go!

JB
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply