Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
brasuca  
#1 Posted : Monday, January 20, 2014 9:55:31 AM(UTC)
brasuca

Groups: Registered

Hi, my kitchenaid dishwasher is leaking (dripping) water from the left bottom side of the door. I changed the door gasket and cleaned the spray arms. After reading your blog, it seems that the leak could come from the door vent and/or soap dispenser. One thing i noticed is water marks on the lower middle left side next to the door gasket. Can this be a sign of the hinges or door not closing tightly? Also, the leak generates a strange smell. I appreciate any other clues. Thanks!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

oldtrail  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, January 29, 2014 6:21:45 PM(UTC)
oldtrail

Does your model have any plastic tabs installed in each lower corner, if so these go bad. Also I have seen hinges being bent from too much weight on door from kids or other reasons. Can you remove outer cover and watch for leaks.
brasuca  
#3 Posted : Monday, February 17, 2014 3:48:33 PM(UTC)
brasuca

It seems that the leak comes from the very top edge of the left side of the door. Like you mentioned it could be the hinges since the left side is wet, but the right side is dry. Either the door is not closing all the way to make a tight seal or it's something else.
oldtrail  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, February 18, 2014 5:03:06 PM(UTC)
oldtrail

Try and run it without dishes. Also maybe try some type of lubricant like Vaseline by smearing a Small amount on the gasket on the left side and close the door like NORMAL and open and see if it makes contact with the door. If only one side is leaking something must be wrong with the door. You could add a small piece of thin gasket type material behind the new gasket in this area and see if that works.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply