Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
kmkm4g  
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 16, 2014 7:23:26 AM(UTC)
kmkm4g

Groups: Registered

I am trying to remove the inner tub on my whirlpool washer. I have removed the spanner nut on top and there is also 4 tabs I believe from the outer plastic tube protruding through the inner tub center support. I depressed those but it still will not budge. I even had my son lift up a bit while I tried to tap down on the drive block but nothing. What am I doing wrong ? Can I just use a jaw puller and pull tub and drive block out together?
Thanks,
Dave
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

fairbank56  
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 16, 2014 8:51:07 AM(UTC)
fairbank56

Groups: Expert

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
These can be a bear to get loose especially on an older model such as this one (16-17 yrs old?). Have two people lift up on tub while you rapidly tap the top of the dirve block with hammer and drift. Make sure your only hitting the block and not the drive tube. Also grabbing one side of tub and rock it as hard as you can back and forth.

Eric
kmkm4g  
#3 Posted : Thursday, January 16, 2014 9:11:51 AM(UTC)
kmkm4g

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: fairbank56 Go to Quoted Post
These can be a bear to get loose especially on an older model such as this one (16-17 yrs old?). Have two people lift up on tub while you rapidly tap the top of the dirve block with hammer and drift. Make sure your only hitting the block and not the drive tube. Also grabbing one side of tub and rock it as hard as you can back and forth.

Eric

Hey Eric, thanks for the reply. I just tried that and cannot get it to budge. What do you think about trying to use a puller to get it off. I was going to spin the nut back on but loose and pull from it to the top of the shaft and try and pull tub and drive block together.
Dave
fairbank56  
#4 Posted : Thursday, January 16, 2014 11:52:56 AM(UTC)
fairbank56

Groups: Expert

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
I would not recommend it, you could damage the thrust bearing and ball bearing that the bottom of agitator shaft sits on in the gearcase.

Eric
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply