Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Doc Holliday  
#1 Posted : Monday, January 6, 2014 10:24:36 PM(UTC)
Doc Holliday

Groups: Registered

I have a Jenn-Air Model JGD8130ADB gas cooktop with both the interchangeable left side sealed burner and grill unit. I know the fan is supposed to come on automatically when grill burner is on, but it also comes on when using the left side burner unit. There is a small push button in the front of the grill/burner housing that appears to line up with a small indentation on the burner unit. I'm guessing this has something to do with it. I've read that the grill unit is supposed to have a prong that pushes a button that activates the fan, but there is no such prong on the grill unit.

Could the switch the problem and is there a way to test it?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Doc Holliday  
#2 Posted : Saturday, January 11, 2014 9:01:45 AM(UTC)
Doc Holliday

Originally Posted by: Doc Holliday Go to Quoted Post
I have a Jenn-Air Model JGD8130ADB gas cooktop with both the interchangeable left side sealed burner and grill unit. I know the fan is supposed to come on automatically when grill burner is on, but it also comes on when using the left side burner unit. There is a small push button in the front of the grill/burner housing that appears to line up with a small indentation on the burner unit. I'm guessing this has something to do with it. I've read that the grill unit is supposed to have a prong that pushes a button that activates the fan, but there is no such prong on the grill unit.

Could the switch the problem and is there a way to test it?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Can anybody help me?
Doc Holliday  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, January 15, 2014 7:55:10 PM(UTC)
Doc Holliday

Just heard from the good folks at Jenn-Air. They are unwilling to provide any technical guidance due to liability issues. They are however, willing to send out a service tech at an exorbadant rate.
Doc Holliday  
#4 Posted : Sunday, January 26, 2014 10:26:52 AM(UTC)
Doc Holliday

One more bump to see if anybody here can help me out.
Doc Holliday  
#5 Posted : Friday, January 31, 2014 10:44:47 AM(UTC)
Doc Holliday

Decided to post a pic of what I'm talking about.
UserPostedImage
The top part of the pic shows the inside front of the unit. Inside the red circle is the push button. The red circle in the middle part shows and indentation on the front of the burner unit. Lastly, the bottom part shows the grill unit. As you can see, there is nothing to come in contact with the push button.
I'm thinking that when the grill unit is inserted, the button is not depressed and the fan comes on when you ignite it. When the burner unit is inserted, the front of the burner depresses the button and deactivates the automatic on feature of the fan when igniting.

Now back to my original question, how do I test this?
db2jeepers  
#6 Posted : Thursday, February 6, 2014 7:52:35 PM(UTC)
db2jeepers

The push button switch on our Jenn-Air JGD8130ADS just broke off, now the fan is engaged at all times on the left burner unit. So I'm guessing your problem is related to this switch as well.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply