Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Travelguy  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 1, 2014 5:52:03 PM(UTC)
Travelguy

Groups: Registered

I am going Crazy with this.
Oven wont light up. I have tested and replaced the Igniter bars, also tested and changed the Safety valve, the schematic looks like if the power and Amps are getting to the safety valve it "should light up" yet no go.
Is there something else in the system I should be looking for, all the Boards look ok and the wiring harness looks good, also confirmed the power supply and wall plug 110 VAC
. I do hear the relays click to supply power to the igniters. I have just over 3.34 amps in the line to the safety valve.
I would love to have a direction to look forward.
:confused:
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

bjjansen  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 7, 2014 3:03:14 PM(UTC)
bjjansen

Groups: Registered

I had a similar problem a couple of years ago with a different KitchenAid model. I believe my problem was the oven would not work, but the broiler and stove top did work. It turned out to be the gas valve that needed to be replaced. This is the valve that the gas line from the wall connects into. You mentioned you changed the "safety valve", but I'm not sure if this is the same.

If this is not the same valve, then search for a test for this valve. I remember finding the test procedure to be very easy to do and it did diagnose this problem.

If this is the same valve you've already replaced, someone else will have chime in.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply