Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
carlking2  
#1 Posted : Thursday, December 26, 2013 12:31:10 PM(UTC)
carlking2

Groups: Registered
You have been a member since:: 12/26/2013(UTC)

On Christmas eve...the range started heating funny, and of course I ignored my DW when she was complaining about burning the cookies. On Christmas day it was not working right and I noticed that the bake light was flashing fast. Today I tested it, and set the temp to 350 and it appears on the top element is working, but the range does get to temp and cycles on and off. Do you think it is the bottom element or the control, or temp sensor? The lower element is covered by a shield, so I will have to wait for the range to cool, before I can inspect it.

Thanks....
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

carlking2  
#2 Posted : Thursday, December 26, 2013 1:53:08 PM(UTC)
carlking2

As a update to this problem. I removed the lower element shield and set the oven to bake 350. The upper broil element and the lower element came on, but when the oven reached temp the broil element stayed on, and the lower bake element cycled off. ????? What could cause this?

Thanks,
carlking2  
#3 Posted : Friday, December 27, 2013 11:54:16 AM(UTC)
carlking2

Well...I guess you can't get much response on this forum. I am going with the sensor first...then the control. Won't get either part here! I did manage to figure out that the fast flash on the bake light mean oven over heat.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply