Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
KevinJ123  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, December 25, 2013 9:01:58 PM(UTC)
KevinJ123

Groups: Registered

I’ve had issues in the past with other appliances and had great luck and help with AppliancePartsPros.

So to my new problem. I have a Whirlpool GLT3615LB02 (Cooktop). My igniters started making a popping noise and sparking. This happen on their own at the end of making tamales Xmas night (thankfully right when were all done). This has happen before (last year) and read that is was due to being wet. I waited overnight to dry out and problem gone. But now this is different. It started with the same problem….popping and sparking, but this time my circuit break popped. After resetting and plugging power back on (gas stuff off just in case), it started popping again, but now a huge spark/flame came out of the burner handle and then breaker popped again. And burnt smell with smoke too. I waited a few hours and the same thing happen again. But now as soon as I plug power, the breaker pops. The cooktop will work with power unplugged and lighting with a lighter, but something is definitely fried. I’m guessing it’s the Igniter Switch (Wiring Harness). Also thought about the Spark Module too, but would like some expert advice of all parts needed including any reseals to put everything back together.

Igniter Switch
Whirlpool 4456901 Harns-Wire - AppliancePartsPros.com

Spark Module
Whirlpool W10110486 Module-Spk - AppliancePartsPros.com

Also, will I need a new foam seal for the countertop?
Whirlpool 3191933 Foam Seal - AppliancePartsPros.com

Thanks,
Kevin
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.