Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
frostyj50  
#1 Posted : Monday, November 18, 2013 6:59:17 PM(UTC)
frostyj50

Groups: Registered

The oven does not heat past 270 degrees. I can see the burner turn red, after a few minutes it goes out and never see it red again, check the temp and it is about 270. The oven still is making the click noises like it is cooling down and heating but never see the burner turn red. I changed the temp sensor but no change.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Appliance Ninja  
#2 Posted : Monday, November 18, 2013 7:08:06 PM(UTC)
Appliance Ninja

Since the element does get red initially, that means it is not at fault and you replaced the sensor, so it is not suspect. That leaves the control. I suspect the relay on the board that closes to energize the element may be faulty, especially if you hear it clicking to heat during the cycle. You can verify that by measuring voltage at the element when the oven shows it is heating, but there is not much else it can be. I would recommend replacing the control, available at the link below.

Whirlpool 8524212 Cntrl-Elec - AppliancePartsPros.com
frostyj50  
#3 Posted : Monday, November 18, 2013 7:16:46 PM(UTC)
frostyj50

Thank you for the super fast reply. I will check it tomorrow and order the part. Appreciate the link to the part also.
frosty

Originally Posted by: Appliance Ninja Go to Quoted Post
Since the element does get red initially, that means it is not at fault and you replaced the sensor, so it is not suspect. That leaves the control. I suspect the relay on the board that closes to energize the element may be faulty, especially if you hear it clicking to heat during the cycle. You can verify that by measuring voltage at the element when the oven shows it is heating, but there is not much else it can be. I would recommend replacing the control, available at the link below.

Whirlpool 8524212 Cntrl-Elec - AppliancePartsPros.com
Appliance Ninja  
#4 Posted : Monday, November 18, 2013 7:19:47 PM(UTC)
Appliance Ninja

You are very welcome, have a great evening!
denman  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, November 19, 2013 2:32:19 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Here are your parts
Parts for Kenmore Range 66592142300 - AppliancePartsPros.com

If you go to the Sears parts site they have part breakdown digrams. Unfortunately they do not share these with other vendors.

See the attachment for the wiring diagram

Does the broil element come on?

On most units the control switches back and forth between bake and broil during pre-heat and bake modes.

If the unit stays in preheat then the sensor part of the electronics is probably OK.
If the oven shows that it is ready then odds are that the control board is bad since you have already replaced the oven sensor re: the oven thinks that it has reached the set point temperature.

If the broil element never comes on. Give it a try in broil to see if it comes on.
If not.
Could be a few things.
1. Broil element is shot.
2. Wiring to broil element is NG.
3. Control board shot.
4. Thermal fuse blown (see the wiring diagram). I think itr is attached to the back outside of the oven cavity. See below, click on the picture for more info.
Part number: AP2989423
Part number: AP2989423
File Attachment(s):
92142300.pdf (243kb) downloaded 4 time(s).
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply