Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
feded  
#1 Posted : Monday, October 12, 2009 8:56:43 PM(UTC)
feded

Groups: Registered

Hi, I am replacing a nat gas heating contol on a heat-n-glow fireplace - old one a Robertshaw 7000 MVRB-S-LC with a new 710 series millivolt control. The wiring diagram is exactly the same on both however the new one has a jumper wire from the safety magnet to the thermopile. The old unit does not have a safety magnet but has what appears a tube that runs to the pilot area - theres also the thermopile and the tube that carries the gas to the pilot light. - so three items there. Since this is on a fireplace I do not have a thermostat control but have a wall switch to turn on / off . So the wall switch takes the place of the thermostat, is this correct? Why does the old unit which is a millivolt unit not have this safety magnet but a thermocouple connection instead? I have read your previous posts but just wanted to know alittle more.
Thank You
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.