Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Derswick  
#1 Posted : Monday, October 12, 2009 2:26:52 PM(UTC)
Derswick

Groups: Registered

The bake element of my Maytag oven burnt out. I have replaced the element with a new one and now the new one will not heat up. Everything else seems to be working. Broil, stove top, clock, timer ect.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

tool-tim  
#2 Posted : Sunday, January 31, 2010 8:42:13 AM(UTC)
tool-tim

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: Derswick Go to Quoted Post
The bake element of my Maytag oven burnt out. I have replaced the element with a new one and now the new one will not heat up. Everything else seems to be working. Broil, stove top, clock, timer ect.

Hi- thought I'd offver my experience that fixed my Maytag double oven for free. (well after $35.00 for a element I didn't need.)

My lower bake element would not heat up, with AC meter I noticed only 120 VAC on one of the leads to the elements, the other lead was 0 VAC, I removed the back of the unit. (yes I did this after I ordered the element) :( I traced each wire looking for burn or break, through the high limit SW and on up to the back of the main display/circuit board, using the schematic I found on this site, quite easy. I noticed the dead lead connecting to a black 1 and half inch SQ box-looking relay which was soldered onto the main circuit board, (on on the far left of several others). With the meter on the dead wire & ground I pressed on the relay gently pushing left to right- BAM the dead lead to burner came alive. I pulled the main power, straighented each metal stand-off the circuit board is mounted on, then raised the board with all wires still connected. On back side of board was a cold solder joint, and simply heating up then dabbing on new solder fixed the problem, still working fine.

Sorry for the length of this but it was a easy free fix. Tool-Tim
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply