Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Hyperventilate  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 5, 2013 8:28:03 PM(UTC)
Hyperventilate

Groups: Registered

My GE dryer is 2 years old. This evening I put a load of laundry in, pressed the power button to turn it on and heard a loud snap. The power button now hangs loosely in the socket and I can move it around with my finger. I cannot turn on the dryer.

How do I remove the front panel? It is a front loading dryer and there is a single screw on the back of the front panel on some small bit of trimming. Undoing the single screw does nothing. There are plastic clips somewhere on this trimming to release it from the front control panel but I cannot see them and forcing it would be asking to break it. Online diagrams show multiple screws on this trimming whereas my dryer only has a single screw. There are no screws visible on the front paneling or just underneath it or to either side.

I hate GE so much. Any help?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.