Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Geetanjalidogra  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 9, 2013 4:11:51 PM(UTC)
Geetanjalidogra

Groups: Registered

A few days back my washer suddenly made this load thundering noise and when I went to check I could see the machine had moved from its position. I opened the lid and as soon as I shut it again it started working and completed the cycle. Ever since then every cycle when the drum has to stop in between cycle to finish washing and start rinse or even when it finishes spin it stops with this loud thundering noise.
The machine has not moved eversince then and I am careful to distribute the load. the machine is otherwise operating perfectly, with no whining sounds. Am not a very hands on person to please explain like you would to a complete layman.:)
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

fairbank56  
#2 Posted : Thursday, October 10, 2013 7:32:30 AM(UTC)
fairbank56

Groups: Expert

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Sounds like the brakes are grabbing hard after spin. An easy fix for this is to apply a small dab of sil-glyde lubricant to the inside vertical surface of the brake hub. You will need to remove the cabinet to gain access.

How to Disassemble Whirlpool/Kenmore Direct Drive Washer - YouTube

Use a small screwdriver or other suitable tool to place a dab of this lubricant to an area of the inside vertical surface of the brake hub where the brake shoes are currently not in contact with. When machine goes into spin again, the brake shoes will pick up and spread the lubricant around the hub. The brakes will still work sufficiently but won't grab hard and stop the tub so suddenly.

Eric

UserPostedImage
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply