Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
rdcleeann  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 1, 2013 5:42:30 AM(UTC)
rdcleeann

Groups: Registered

Issues started about a month ago with the common F02/sud message. I would work around it by pressing pause/cancel a couple of times, and the machine would pick up where it left off and finish the load of laundry. I experienced the same problem every once in a while and would use the same workaround with success. Two days ago, it gave me the F02/sud message again. This time the workaround does not help. After searching online, I was able to bail the standing water out of the tub and pull the drain filter. Yes, it had all kinds of goodies in there (3 coins, paper, lint, fishing weight, stick, etc), and there was even a mechanical pencil between the filter and the drain pump. I put it all back together and put the washer on the drain/spin cycle. It filled with water and started sloushing around. About 10 minutes later, I hear the drain pump kick in, but the water in the tub is still sloushing around like in a regular wash cycle. The water did not drain. After a few minutes, I had the same F02/sud message again and another standing tub of water to drain.

My question is do you think I now need to replace the drain pump? It almost sounds to me as though the machine is confused with trying to wash and drain at the same time. I do not think the machine has sloushed the water around before while trying to drain the water. I am reluctant to replace the drain pump without knowing for certain that will remedy my problem.

Thanks for any help ...
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.