Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
kingriver  
#1 Posted : Saturday, September 14, 2013 4:51:17 PM(UTC)
kingriver

Groups: Registered

the unit is showing NO error codes - I have a FLUKE TS-600/T-5-1000 tester and I know from past that when you think you have ignitor problems you can check to make sure you have the correct ohms. When I turn on the upper oven and check it I have no ohms at all - nothing - where could my problem lie. I know it isnt the ignitor.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

HumboldtRepairMan  
#2 Posted : Saturday, September 14, 2013 5:43:11 PM(UTC)
HumboldtRepairMan

Disconnect that ignitor and test to see if you have 120v going to it when you select the bake or broil function whatever one it is. If you have 120v going to it it's a bad or weak ignitor. You need an amp clamp to truly test an ignitor and make sure it's pulling 3 ohms. If you don't have 120v then you have a bad connection with the harness at the ignitor or the main control board up top. Clean the connection terminals and if that doesn't work then you probably need a new main control. Here's your parts.
02-Control Panel / Top Assembly parts for Maytag MGR6875ADS - AppliancePartsPros.com
kingriver  
#3 Posted : Saturday, September 14, 2013 8:33:51 PM(UTC)
kingriver

hey thanks. it was the ignitor, swapped the bottom one with the top one and all is ok, have ordered new one,, again thanks
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply