Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
fixmyboschdw  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 4, 2013 10:49:40 AM(UTC)
fixmyboschdw

Groups: Registered

I have attempted to troubleshoot the "Check Water Supply" LED Error message on my Bosch SHX99A15UC/19.
I looked at the posts here as well as on the web and youtube to gather some intel on what might be the issue.

I was hoping to find the relevant Manual on this site but the one posted is not correct for my model #.

Does anyone have the repair manual with wiring diagram for Bosch SHX99A15UC/19?

Here's what I know:
There is water to the Dishwasher. Checked the supply line that is tapped off the sink.

When turned on and set for Auto-wash or rinse and hold the Dishwasher Drain pump and impeller is engaged and any water if I manually add is pumped out. After this the machine does not fill and then times out after say 5-10 minutes with the Check Water Supply message on the display panel.

I have cleared the drain tub and removed the back-flow stopper under the Impeller cover. I have re-assembled and still no resolution.

I assumed (incorrectly) that the most likely culprit was the Inlet Valve solenoid and ordered it from Sears along with a New Basket filter which had begun to deteriorate and I believe some food debris probably made it past the filter over time..

I have measured resistance across the valve leads and basically measures 1K ohms...
I originally thought it was reading 1ohm but after rechecking I realized my older digital meter reads out by default in K Ohms... so it looks like I replaced the Valve for no reason as both measure 1K ohm...

When I place a meter on the 2 Terminals on the Valve I see no voltage across but when measured against ground I measure 115vac on both legs while the dishwasher is attempting to run the cycle.

Does anyone have the right Service Manual or Troubleshooting tips for this Model Dishwasher????

I don't know what other switches may be inline with the Water Inlet valve but I am starting to think that it has to be another safety switch that is engaged.

Any other suggestions that I might try...

Help..!
Thanks,
Pat
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.