Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages123>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
chevrolady  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 27, 2013 2:16:26 PM(UTC)
chevrolady

Groups: Registered

The unit will fill and spin slowly but will not drain. The agitator has been replaced already. Any suggestions would be helpful! It's a LSQ9010PWS3 washer.

Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

HumboldtRepairMan  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, August 27, 2013 4:53:12 PM(UTC)
HumboldtRepairMan

Check your water pump to see if you have a sock in it or check the drain pipe see if it's clogged get a wetvac and suck the line out also inspect the motor coupling and see if it broke
Here are your parts
Brake, Clutch, Gearcase, Motor and Pump parts for Whirlpool LSQ9010PW3 - AppliancePartsPros.com
This video should be helpful
Washer Repair Video: (Whirlpool, Maytag, Sears Kenmore Direct Drive Washing Machines) - YouTube
Linkslam  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, August 27, 2013 9:04:42 PM(UTC)
Linkslam

Ok let me see if I can explain what's going on with it a little better. The washer is running through all cycles. It doesn't seem to agitate as strong as usual but I'm not 100% certain. The spin cycles are definitely slow no matter if there is watering the tub or not (I bailed the water out and tested it). Water will not pump out of the washer. I can grab the drain hose right as it comes out of the pump while its spinning and I can squeeze the hose repeatedly and the water will empty out of the tub. The water pump was just replaced a few months ago so it's new. I have taken the whole machine apart. I separated the motor and trans and spun the trans both directions with a drill to check operation. I checked the clutch and it seems pretty tight. I opened up the trans and nothing is torn up inside. I checked the trans to motor coupler and it is good I checked all hoses tub and water pump for clogs and I found nothing. Can someone please chime in here and give me some clues? Again all cycles work but water pump won't pump water out and spin cycle is slow as heck.
fairbank56  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2013 5:49:45 AM(UTC)
fairbank56

Groups: Expert

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Clothing may have gotten between the tubs and is at the bottom blocking the drain and binding the basket from spinning at full speed. Pull drain hose from bottom of tub and try to reach inside to feel for anything in there.

Eric
Linkslam  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2013 6:35:35 AM(UTC)
Linkslam

Already did that.
Linkslam  
#6 Posted : Thursday, August 29, 2013 10:25:07 AM(UTC)
Linkslam

I just disconnected the motor from the transmission and removed the coupler. I wanted to see if the motor would make the water pump work without anything else hooked to the motor. I put it all back together and tested it and water will just barely come out of the drain hose. The water pump is new. Is it possible that my motor is bad? Also I'm think that the neutral drain in the trans is bad too. When it gets to where it should drain the motor does not turn. It only starts to turn when the spin cycle comes up.
fairbank56  
#7 Posted : Thursday, August 29, 2013 11:26:27 AM(UTC)
fairbank56

Yes, the motor could be faulty or your getting low voltage to the motor due to a faulty timer or bad connection at the timer or motor switch. After agitation and washer goes into drain, you say the motor doesn't turn, does it hum or is it totally quiet? Regardless, you have isolated the drain problem to either blockage or low motor speed.

Eric
Linkslam  
#8 Posted : Thursday, August 29, 2013 11:32:59 AM(UTC)
Linkslam

When it gets to where it should be draining the motor does nothing. No turning or noises. After it sits for minute or so it will start the spin cycle but it never pumps water out. I have checked for clogs in every part of the system. I even took the pump off hooked it to my drill and ran water through it from the sink and spun it. It shoots water out so the pump is good. I'm thinking that the motor is bad and that there is a problem with the neutral drain in the trans.
fairbank56  
#9 Posted : Thursday, August 29, 2013 12:41:03 PM(UTC)
fairbank56

Your timer is faulty if there is a long pause between when agitation stops and drain/spin starts. The washer should drain any time the washer is in spin mode. The pump is always running while in spin mode. What the neutral drain does is allow the pump to drain while preventing the tub from spinning for a minute or two directly after agitation. After drain, the motor will pause for a few seconds to release neutral drain and then start again for drain/spin. There may or may not be a problem with the neutral drain mechanism in your gearcase but that is not causing your no drain problem. You do have a faulty timer and that may also be causing the slow motor operation. I would replace the timer first.

Does the washer run ok in delicate cycle? Agitation and drain/spin?

http://www.appliancepartspros.c...r-8557301-ap3738284.html

Eric
Linkslam  
#10 Posted : Thursday, August 29, 2013 4:57:58 PM(UTC)
Linkslam

There is a pause between agitation stopping and the start of spinning but I assume that's where the neutral drain function is supposed to be. When the spin cycle starts up its only spinning about 1/4-1/3 of the normal speed even when empty of water. I haven't tried the delicate cycle yet to see how everything functions there. Why would the delicate cycle function different than any other?
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply