Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
neweyess  
#1 Posted : Monday, August 19, 2013 5:13:28 AM(UTC)
neweyess

Groups: Registered

I was cooking on the range the other day when the heat just stopped coming out of the burner. I tried the other burners and none of them work. The oven doesn't get hot either from either of the dual sections? The funny thing is all the knobs and the main panel light up and seem to work fine. So I know I'm getting power. I shut it off via the circuit breaker to reboot it and they didn't help. The unit is just over a year old. Any advice or help on what to do to fix it would be much appreciated.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, August 20, 2013 2:38:55 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
I cannot find any tech info on this specific unit so have to do some guessing.

I would check the power to the unit.
The timer, lights etc. all run off of 120 volts (half the line voltage) but all the elements require the full 240 volts.
The voltage to the stove top elements is usually not fused so when all of them go out at once it is probably a power problem.

You have tried flipping the breaker off/on. This should be a double breaker. Or two single breakers that have the toggles/switch arms tied together.
Just want to make sure that the house panel is wired correctly.

Check the voltage at the plug
L1 to L2 should be 240 volts
L1 to Neutral and L2 to Neutral, both should be 120 volts.
If OK
Unplug the unit and check the wires at the terminal strip in the machine to make sure none are loose or burned out
If OK
Check the power at the terminal strip.
Do this with the heater off and on.
[COLOR="Red"]Be careful as 240 volts is lethal !!![/COLOR]
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
neweyess  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, August 20, 2013 6:29:06 PM(UTC)
neweyess

Thanks so much for explaining that the 110 power for the panel doesn't prove power available to the heat functions. My first guess was maybe I missed the other circuit breaker. That want it. Then I thought maybe the plug or power cord. I pulled the unit out unplugged it and rep lugged it and rearranged the cord position a bit. After pushing it back in toward the wall I tried it and it all works again. My only concern is if its that loose do I have a cord issue I need to address?

My wife wanted to know what I did. I told he that I pulled the back off and readjusted the "extentulator". She is really impressed. :)

Thanks so much!
denman  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, August 21, 2013 4:57:43 AM(UTC)
denman

[COLOR="Blue"]My only concern is if its that loose do I have a cord issue I need to address?[/COLOR]
Yes I would try to find out what/where the problem is.
Could be in the cord, at the terminal block in the unit or the wall receptacle.
The plug should fit tightly into the receptacle.

A loose or poor connection is seen as a resistance to electricity and will heat up when current passes through it. This then degrades the connection more so more heat and so on and so on till the connection fails.
This can be a fire hazard.
neweyess  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, August 21, 2013 5:00:31 AM(UTC)
neweyess

Will do. My brother is an electrical engineer and will drive over this weekend and we will check it out. Thanks so much for the advice!
neweyess  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, August 21, 2013 5:01:02 AM(UTC)
neweyess

Will do. My brother is an electrical engineer and will drive over this weekend and we will check it out. Thanks so much for the advice!
denman  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, August 21, 2013 8:58:01 AM(UTC)
denman

You are welcome.

And thanks for getting back to us. Now when others search for a similar problem they will see what actually worked instead of just suggestions about what could be the cause.
neweyess  
#8 Posted : Monday, August 26, 2013 7:40:39 AM(UTC)
neweyess

Originally Posted by: denman Go to Quoted Post
You are welcome.

And thanks for getting back to us. Now when others search for a similar problem they will see what actually worked instead of just suggestions about what could be the cause.

It turned out to be the receptacle on the wall. The cord was fine. The receptacle holes were open and loose inside and didn't grip the cord teeth. We replaced it and now everything is fine and safer. Thanks again for the help!
isamare  
#9 Posted : Monday, October 24, 2016 10:02:21 AM(UTC)
isamare

Of course, sometimes small problems are cause of big problems! It is really amazing that just fixing the hole the heating problem solved! Anyways, Samsung is a big brand now and I do believe that its products are with impressive quality but we can't say anything about all the products and their model no.
ThatGuy  
#10 Posted : Monday, October 24, 2016 11:39:11 AM(UTC)
ThatGuy

Groups: Expert
United States

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 24 post(s)
Originally Posted by: isamare Go to Quoted Post
Of course, sometimes small problems are cause of big problems! It is really amazing that just fixing the hole the heating problem solved! Anyways, Samsung is a big brand now and I do believe that its products are with impressive quality but we can't say anything about all the products and their model no.

Hello Mr. Bot!

You seem really busy these days.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply