Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
wheelsup  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, June 26, 2013 11:20:28 AM(UTC)
wheelsup

Groups: Registered

I have a GSH25JSTA. No water from from dispenser on fridge.

I did some troubleshooting via online suggestions.

• First when hitting the dispenser paddle I hear a click in back.
  • Put in bypass plug for filter and still no flow.
  • Found the water valve and probed, found 120v on both sides when paddle pushed on fridge door.
  • Disconnected the lines and found water flow from the water valve on clear side (black side looks like it's the ice maker. Flow is decent, not a trickle.
That is where I'm at...also of note is there were little metal "grabbers" that were connected to lines to water valve, I broke one and cannot figure out how to get them reconnected. (EDIT: Called CS I have to order a new valve, there was a trick to taking them off that I didn't know). Thinking there is a clog somewhere. Have had the unit for years and read about frozen lines, but have never had an issue, although wouldn't put it past it to start now.

I read this issue on Amazon, something about a clog at the filter fitting area:
http://www.amazon.com/review/R2...&tag=#wasThisHelpful
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

wheelsup  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, June 26, 2013 12:35:58 PM(UTC)
wheelsup

OK narrowing it down. Ordered the water valve because I'm going to need it anyway (broke the quick connects). After calling CS I now know how to disconnect the lines. So I disconnected the one on bottom, I believe this leads to the freezer door dispenser. Water flows out of that no problem.

So looks like I have a frozen line to contend with. Good news is I think I know what the problem is, bad news is not sure how to fix.

Have heard about a water line heater, calling GE to see if it will fit my fridge.
wheelsup  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, June 26, 2013 1:14:57 PM(UTC)
wheelsup

Well in case anyone searches for this sometime in the future. GE has acknowledged the issue with their fridges and instead of replacing fridge doors like they used to, they now have a dispenser water heater kit.

WR49X10173

Available online for around $30-$35 from various places BUT if you talk to Customer Relations w/ GE they will send it out for free. Mine gets here in a few days.

1-800-386-1215, option 5 for GE
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply