Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Stevewk  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, May 15, 2013 3:12:12 PM(UTC)
Stevewk

Groups: Registered

Sorry for the lack of model information. I can not seem to find a model number anywhere on the oven. The Technical Information package I have from the back of the oven says t si good for the following models: MER6555AAB/Q/W, MER6775AAB/F/N/Q/S/W, MER6751AAB/Q/S/w or MER6755AAB/Q/S/W. http://forum.appliancepartspros...ges/smilies/confused.gif
It is an electric cooktop stove, all digital control panel (no knobs) with dual ovens.
Everything works fine with the exception of the upper oven. The broiler heating element works as expected (heats to a glowing red when turned on, etc.), but the upper oven will not heat up to temp.

I have ohmed out both heating elements and they both are within 5 ohms of each other (< 30 ohms). I have checked the temp sensor and it checks ok (about 880 ohms - same as the lower temp sensor so I assume it is ok since the lower oven works fine).

When I turn on the oven and measure the voltage, the upper heating element reads 110V from each lead to ground and 240 across each lead. When I make the same measurement on the lower heating element, I get the 110V from each lead to ground but Zero volts from lead to lead. Does this indicate a control panel issue or a problem with the heating element, even though the resistance check is ok?

Also, where can I find the exact model number of my unit?

Thanks for any help.

Steve
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.