Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
willieb  
#1 Posted : Monday, April 22, 2013 3:30:10 PM(UTC)
willieb

Groups: Registered

Can anyone give me instructions as to how to get at the spark module on my gas cooktop? I am reasonably handy but don't even know if I need to remove the unit from the counter in order to work on it.

Thanks! :)
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

scott5495  
#2 Posted : Monday, April 22, 2013 4:57:20 PM(UTC)
scott5495

to access the spark module, remove grates and burner caps. there will be what looks to be brass nuts on each burner. these are venturies that guide the gas up to the unit. these can be hard to remove, but they all have to be removed. once this is complete, remove the knobs and carefully raise the cooktop. there is a light that slides off the indicator lens at the switches. once the top is up you will see the spark module. there are two blue boxes, 1 is the spark module and the other is the spark reignitor. in addition to the spark module there are 2 printed circuit swithces on your gas valve that operate the extra low units. also there are two coils that open and close as these switches operate. if i had more info about the problem i could help you track it down.
willieb  
#3 Posted : Monday, April 22, 2013 6:14:01 PM(UTC)
willieb

Originally Posted by: scott5495 Go to Quoted Post
to access the spark module, remove grates and burner caps. there will be what looks to be brass nuts on each burner. these are venturies that guide the gas up to the unit. these can be hard to remove, but they all have to be removed. once this is complete, remove the knobs and carefully raise the cooktop. there is a light that slides off the indicator lens at the switches. once the top is up you will see the spark module. there are two blue boxes, 1 is the spark module and the other is the spark reignitor. in addition to the spark module there are 2 printed circuit swithces on your gas valve that operate the extra low units. also there are two coils that open and close as these switches operate. if i had more info about the problem i could help you track it down.

Thanks so much. The unit has 5 burners. None of them spark, so I am assuming that the spark module is a gonna?
Thanks again.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply