Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
hanketron  
#1 Posted : Thursday, April 18, 2013 12:00:25 PM(UTC)
hanketron

Groups: Registered

The washer will run up to the end of the wash cycle and then pump the water out but never stops pumping the water out. It will start, after a while, to fill the tub but can't because it is still pumping the water out. It stays in this position until someone notices and turns it off. It has cost us much on the water bill.
I thought it was the timer (131436700 washer timer) contact points fused together so I cleaned them(quite a job). But then today it did it again.
I need to know if this is definatly the timer or are there other reasons the machine might act this way. It is a very simple older washer without any of the bells and whistles. I am sorry I don't have the model number with me. I thought though this could be answered without it. I thank you for your time and any help offered.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Joe / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Thursday, April 18, 2013 1:46:02 PM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: hanketron Go to Quoted Post
The washer will run up to the end of the wash cycle and then pump the water out but never stops pumping the water out. It will start, after a while, to fill the tub but can't because it is still pumping the water out. It stays in this position until someone notices and turns it off. It has cost us much on the water bill.
I thought it was the timer (131436700 washer timer) contact points fused together so I cleaned them(quite a job). But then today it did it again.
I need to know if this is definatly the timer or are there other reasons the machine might act this way. It is a very simple older washer without any of the bells and whistles. I am sorry I don't have the model number with me. I thought though this could be answered without it. I thank you for your time and any help offered.

Hanketron, A couple of other things to check. Make sure the drain hose is at the proper height and the drain hose is not sealed or taped shut to the stand pipe. This could cause a syphon effect, and "suck the water out the tub. Also check the water level switch and air tube. If the switch does not reset to the empty level after the drain cycle, the timer will stall in that position. If all's OK, then replace the timer.
hanketron  
#3 Posted : Friday, April 19, 2013 5:33:05 AM(UTC)
hanketron

I thank you so very much for the quick answer, I am heading over to check what that it is not siphoning. I think I did change the drain before the problem started. It will be great if that is all that is wrong, I will return and let you all know how it went. Again I thank you and I will share this forum and your website with all I can.
Joe / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Friday, April 19, 2013 6:04:30 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

I thank you so very much for the quick answer, I am heading over to check what that it is not siphoning. I think I did change the drain before the problem started. It will be great if that is all that is wrong, I will return and let you all know how it went. Again I thank you and I will share this forum and your website with all I can.

Thanks, Please remember to let us know what you found, and the remedy.
hanketron  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, May 14, 2013 10:02:38 AM(UTC)
hanketron

I am sorry I did not get back sooner but I wanted to make sure i was right and it took this long to confirm. Your advice on siphoning was correct, I added air intake at fall of the discarded water and it stopped siphoning and works great. Just for others refrence, I never changed the dicharge hose from the washer, I changed how the water moved after the discharge and that caused the siphon effect. The old route for discharge from the washer was long and awkward with many ups and downs, I changed it so it dumped easily into a close drain, this caused my problem. I simple added a 1/4" pipe to the discharge at the highest point and that stopped all siphoning. Thanks again you guys at AppliancePartsPro. You saved me money and time. May God Bless You : )
Joe / APP Team  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, May 14, 2013 10:38:02 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

I am sorry I did not get back sooner but I wanted to make sure i was right and it took this long to confirm. Your advice on siphoning was correct, I added air intake at fall of the discarded water and it stopped siphoning and works great. Just for others refrence, I never changed the dicharge hose from the washer, I changed how the water moved after the discharge and that caused the siphon effect. The old route for discharge from the washer was long and awkward with many ups and downs, I changed it so it dumped easily into a close drain, this caused my problem. I simple added a 1/4" pipe to the discharge at the highest point and that stopped all siphoning. Thanks again you guys at AppliancePartsPro. You saved me money and time. May God Bless You : )

Hanketron,
You're Very Welcome !!
We're glad it was that simple and easy a repair for you.

God Bless,
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply