Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
CapeCoddah  
#1 Posted : Monday, April 8, 2013 10:37:59 AM(UTC)
CapeCoddah

Groups: Registered

The customer's complaint was warm fridge, cold freezer (this is a bottom-freezer model, with icemaker. It has digital touch controls located in the French-door refrigerator section). I jumped to conclusions and replaced the motorized damper which regulates fridge temperature in this model; I then discovered that the evaporator was completely iced up. After defrosting it manually w/heat gun, I checked the heater resistance; it's o-k. Further research revealed that there is no traditional defrost clock; it uses a module which I believe is part of the digital temp. control setup. I should note that the unit was subjected to multiple power failure events due to a prolonged northeast storm (happens a lot here on Cape Cod). What are the chances that the module is defective, as against the likelihood of a defrost thermostat gone bad? The thermostat is hard to check once the unit is defrosted to the point where you can get to the connections....
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, April 9, 2013 6:15:05 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Here are your parts
Parts for Amana ABL1922FES - AppliancePartsPros.com

Your model number seems to be missing the last digit when it comes to getting a tech sheet. The following is for a FES3 but may also apply to other units in the series.
See the attachment.

Try forcing a defrost.
If the defrost heater comes on then I would replace the board.

the defrost thermostat can be checked by holding it's metal faceonto an ice cube to get it into a frozen stat.
Also if it is deformed/bulged, replace it even if it measures OK.
File Attachment(s):
ABL1922.pdf (390kb) downloaded 19 time(s).
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
CapeCoddah  
#3 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2013 12:56:23 AM(UTC)
CapeCoddah

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: denman Go to Quoted Post
Here are your parts
Parts for Amana ABL1922FES - AppliancePartsPros.com

Your model number seems to be missing the last digit when it comes to getting a tech sheet. The following is for a FES3 but may also apply to other units in the series.
See the attachment.

Try forcing a defrost.
If the defrost heater comes on then I would replace the board.

the defrost thermostat can be checked by holding it's metal faceonto an ice cube to get it into a frozen stat.
Also if it is deformed/bulged, replace it even if it measures OK.

Thank you, denman! I've printed and saved the .pdf you sent, and will try forcing a defrost. Also, the sheet gives the protocol for checking the defrost thermostat using the keypad; I'll try that too.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply