Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
meganbella  
#1 Posted : Friday, April 5, 2013 7:02:18 AM(UTC)
meganbella

Groups: Registered

Just replaced timer on washing machine because the old timer was advancing but not putting the laundry through the cycles properly. Now the new timer is not advancing, and I must manually advance on each cycle. The old timer was working on all cycles except the one I use all the time which is the regular cycle. I can still wash clothes with the old timer but I must use the delicate or hand wash cycles, with my 2 small children Id prefer to figure this out. The new timer doesnt advance on any cycle. I hate to have a repair man come out if I could do it on my own, but Im kind of at a loss now as to what the problem might be. It doesnt seem mechanical because all the parts in the machine tub function, its just a matter of the washer not engaging or moving on to the next cycle as needed.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

bikerhaven  
#2 Posted : Friday, April 5, 2013 7:42:33 AM(UTC)
bikerhaven

It sounds like the new timer might be defective. Take the timer back and exchange it . You can also try and put the old one back in and make sure it is working on the other cycles. If it works then it sounds defective if it dont you might have pulled some wires loose from the harness .
meganbella  
#3 Posted : Friday, April 5, 2013 10:08:44 AM(UTC)
meganbella

Yeah the one in there is the second new timer, I thought the first timer I got 2 weeks ago was defective so I got another new one. The 1st and 2nd new timers are both doing exactly the same thing. No advancement. Will sit on wash cycle till I advance it, all cycles till manually advanced. When I put the old time back in it advances on its own okay on delicate, hand wash, and easy care, but on the regular/heavy cycle the old timer advances but doesn't engage the machine to do the cycles...I'm perplexed. :confused:
fairbank56  
#4 Posted : Friday, April 5, 2013 10:59:45 AM(UTC)
fairbank56

Groups: Expert

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
What is the serial number of your washer and what timer part number are you using to purchase the new timer?

Eric
meganbella  
#5 Posted : Friday, April 5, 2013 11:55:37 AM(UTC)
meganbella

22291406sw is the serial number
the part number to the new timer is 22001690
meganbella  
#6 Posted : Friday, April 5, 2013 11:57:35 AM(UTC)
meganbella

I didnt see a part number on the old timer. The new timer was sent to me twice by APP by giving the serial numebr and model number of the machine.
fairbank56  
#7 Posted : Friday, April 5, 2013 12:17:48 PM(UTC)
fairbank56

Groups: Expert

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
That is the wrong part number. You need part number 22002185

Eric
meganbella  
#8 Posted : Friday, April 5, 2013 3:51:02 PM(UTC)
meganbella

I am sending back the other 2 timers and I'm ordering the other part. Thank you so much for solving this issue! I will sleep so much better tonight! Thanks again
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply