Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
BSTrue  
#1 Posted : Monday, March 25, 2013 3:54:50 PM(UTC)
BSTrue

Groups: Registered

Hello, I have a CRG9800AAE Maytag gas range/oven. Recently it started to operate erratically. It would heat up to temp(I thought) and then would fail to keep the oven at that temp(I now know due to a couple of under-baked items). I replaced the ignitor (that didn't do it). It fires up, but doesn't keep firing up to maintain temp.
I replaced the temp sensor(that didn't do it either). I start it, set it at 375deg, it takes about 5 minutes and beeps claiming to have reached that temp. According to my newly acquired oven thermometer,it is barely
at 150 deg.
If I turn it up higher,or open the oven door for a bit, it might kick in again and run for a few minutes, but then it beeps showing that it has reached the set temp when it has only gained 10-30 degrees. Nowhere near where it was set for. It even shows the temp rising up to the set temp. on the control board. I set it for 450 deg, it says it reached that temp, the thermometer says its at around 275. It has gotten as hot as 325.
Is this the timer/control board?
I would like to be sure this is what is the problem before I replace this, as it is a pretty expensive part.
Thanks for any help you can provide....
Brenda
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.