Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
DFilice  
#1 Posted : Saturday, March 16, 2013 9:38:54 AM(UTC)
DFilice

Groups: Registered

I had one burner on which the Igniter didn't spark, but gas came out. Years ago I had the Switch Harness replaced and this fixed it. I purchased a new Switch Harness, installed it (easy), and now the original burner sometimes ignites and two more burners won't spark. I thought it might be bad Igniters, but I swapped a working Igniter with a non-working Igniter, which didn't help. What next? Should I replace the Spark Module? Before I do that, is there anything else I should try or replace? I've tried re-seating the Igniter wires several times with no luck. I'm stumped as to why after I replaced the Switch Harness, new burners won't work.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

DFilice  
#2 Posted : Monday, March 18, 2013 6:26:03 PM(UTC)
DFilice

Groups: Registered

After ordering a Spark Module, I decided to do some trial and error problem solving and I decided to dismantle the stovetop and try some things. I focused in on the Igniters and their wires. With the stovetop cover off I assembled all the burners and made sure all wires in the Igniters were pushed in. Everything worked. I then put the stovetop back on and only one burner worked. Hmmm. I took the stovetop off again, reassembled, and all burners worked. Hmmm. Must be something with alignment and the spacing the stovetop creates. I put back the stovetop, made sure all Igniter cables were seated and cinched down all burner screws to ensure a tight aligned fit. Ta-da! All burners worked. Now I have a spare Switch Harness and Spark Igniter for when they really go out.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply