Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
rnhib@att.net  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 12, 2013 5:00:40 PM(UTC)
rnhib@att.net

Groups: Registered

Hello, yesterday I washed my bed pillow and when the load was done, everything was wet. The front laoder would not spin. I cleaned out the FILTER inside a big black sump pump hose. Its a white plastic filter and it was full of coins. Cleaned it all out..also removed pump..no noticable obstructions. Did another load..it still won't SPIN. CAN anyone help me..my mother needs to do clothes. I removed the PUMP..the fins are not chipped on it and nothing is blocking it inside..the tub spins free when I move it ny hand. The belt looks ok. All the clothes come out REALLY wet and dripping . No spin all throughout the entire cycle.
***NO part of pillow came UNDONE inside machine ..no rips in it .
ANY HELP MUCH APPRECIATED..have some mechanical knowledge..hope its the PUMP. I hear some water being pumped out, but the clothes are soaked! HELP!please email: rnhib@att.net
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, March 13, 2013 3:44:02 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hello,

Did the door lock?

Did you see any lights on the control panel blinking? It could be an error code.

If you did not pay attention to it, runt the procedure to recall error codes as described in the attached tech sheet and post the results.

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Parts for Frigidaire LTF2940ES3 Washer - AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.
File Attachment(s):
rnhib@att.net  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, March 13, 2013 5:32:30 PM(UTC)
rnhib@att.net

Groups: Registered

Hello Gene..thank you for your help and attachments. I found the error code sheet inside the machine and the washing machine shows an E47 ERROR CODE which is either the door lock switch or control board..we tested the switch with an ohm meter, but someone told me that is not always accurate. it tested 1350 ohm and the error sheet says suppose to eb 1500 ohms??? Don't know if I should first replace switch due to cost of control board..there are 2 boards..one control and one motor..I hope its the switch..what do you think?
I really appreciate your help..I saw a door lock switch on ******** tonite.
thanks
Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
Hello,

Did the door lock? **I could hear a click but there is suppose to be 2 sets of contacts in that switch i think..one for the wax motor and one to close door

Did you see any lights on the control panel blinking? It could be an error code.

If you did not pay attention to it, runt the procedure to recall error codes as described in the attached tech sheet and post the results.

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Parts for Frigidaire LTF2940ES3 Washer - AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.
Gene  
#4 Posted : Thursday, March 14, 2013 12:08:22 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Sounds like the problem is a bad door switch assembly. This is most common problem with such washers.

- The door switch assembly Part number: 131763202
Part number: 131763202

Gene.
File Attachment(s):
Removing the door safety switch.doc (430kb) downloaded 2 time(s).
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply