Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Helplease  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 5, 2013 1:13:36 PM(UTC)
Helplease

Groups: Registered

No matter what cycle I use the washer fills, agitates, drains, but then does not spin. Not sure what it's doing after that. I think it rinses (but has not Always dumped the softener even though I set it to) and drains but it never spins at the end. If I set it to rinse and spin it might or might not work and if I sent it to drain and spin then it seems to spin at the end (so it Can spin). Also various lights showing what it's doing do not always seem to work correctly (not that I care about it - just might indicate more what's wrong?) like the lock light sometimes "blinking" or being off when it should be on, etc. Wondering what part I need to fix it. Thanks
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

fairbank56  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, March 5, 2013 2:00:09 PM(UTC)
fairbank56

Groups: Expert

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
This washer design which came out in 2010, has been very problematic. The first thing I would check is the nut that holds the drive pulley. These have been coming loose which causes the pulley to drop which causes problems with the splutch engaging for spin mode. You have to tilt the machine to access underneath to get to most components. If the nut is loose, apply loctite blue 242 threadlocker before retightening. The shift actuator which shifts between agitate and spin mode is a high failure item as well as the lid lock. Check that all connections are fully plugged in. This includes at the motor, shift actuator, pump, capacitor and control unit behind the control panel. There have been many reports of broken wires and faulty connections. Due to the many problems with this design, a website was set up with detailed information including service manual. The same manual should be inside the front of the washer cabinet.

Eric
Helplease  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, March 6, 2013 5:54:39 AM(UTC)
Helplease

Groups: Registered

Great, got a lemon, surprise, surprise. Thanks for the ideas. Nut seemed tight. Could not find any loose connections or broken wires. Any suggestions for what next?
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply