Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dpilot83  
#1 Posted : Sunday, February 24, 2013 6:58:09 PM(UTC)
dpilot83

Groups: Registered

The last time I posted a question on this forum in regards to my Maytag Neptune MHS2000AWW I was told that there is no such model number. This seems quite odd to me as a Google search for the model number quickly reveals many other people who have the same model.

Anyway, I really need a wiring schematic and a manual that would explain how to take this thing apart. Since my last thread things have been working a lot better until recently. The washer will make it to the spin cycle, door lock light stays lit and it just flat out won't spin. It just keeps going back and forth slowly kinda like it's washing and then it moves to off.

I'm hoping the problem is an out of balance switch but I have only been able to access the front one to test it (it was good). How do I pull it further apart to access the other? Also, where can I get a manual for this thing? And a wiring schematic? Thanks.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2013 3:24:37 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: dpilot83 Go to Quoted Post
...I was told that there is no such model number. This seems quite odd to me as a Google search for the model number quickly reveals many other people who have the same model...

Nobody told you that there is no such model number exists. It's just does not come up online what means that there is no digital version of manuals for this model number available. It can be due to it's age.

If you will look into a Google search results you would not see any real technical advice.

Try to get in touch with Maytag. This is only solution if you want to do it yourself. Otherwise you may want to hire a pro.

Gene.
dpilot83  
#3 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2013 5:12:10 PM(UTC)
dpilot83

As I look back at it I see you are right. I read more in to what you said than what you actually said. I'm sorry. Thanks for your help.
Gene  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, February 26, 2013 1:26:47 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
You are welcome. Unfortunately it happens with most of old appliances.

Gene.
dpilot83  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, February 27, 2013 6:20:36 AM(UTC)
dpilot83

For anyone who stumbles upon this thread in the future, here is some info to get you going:

First, the early Neptune stand alone front and top load washers had essentially the same problems (although not because of the same components) and the stack washer/dryer is not nearly as common. Therefore if you had my model number, figuring the problem out by searching for the model number is not nearly as easy. Instead, you should start searching for:

"Neptune R11"

and

"Neptune R43"

The reason is that the electronic design of the early Neptunes is basically terrible and the main circuit board is not protected from part failures. Two of the most frequent resistors on the circuit board to get fried are the R11 and R43 resistors. R11 is way more common but for some reason on the stackers, R43 is pretty likely.

The first site below is a good place to get a good description of the problem and to get a service manual for the MAH3000 which is essentially the same as the MHS2000AWW. The second site is another good with more explanations, pictures, videos, etc.

Maytag - R11 and Q6 Problem - Does this help?

MAYTAG NEPTUNE WASHER R11 Q6 REPAIR KIT + 12002535 WAX MOTOR
dpilot83  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, February 27, 2013 6:32:17 AM(UTC)
dpilot83

Forgot to mention that the control board for the stack washer/dryer is in the upper right corner of the dryer as you're facing the washer/dryer.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply