Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Bigtx  
#1 Posted : Saturday, February 16, 2013 11:08:02 AM(UTC)
Bigtx

Groups: Registered

I have a Samsung dryer dv219aew that trips the breaker the moment it is plugged in. I just replaced the heating element because it was running fine with no hot air and there was no continuity on the heating element wires. When I went to start for the first time after replacing the heating element everything lloked normal but tripped as soon as I started the cycle, now it trips the moment it is plugged in. I still have good continuity on thermostats and heating element. At the terminal block I have a ground, black wire, white, and red wire. I have continuity between all wires but nothing is showing continuity with the black wire...any thoughts or suggestions or ways to trouble shoot breaker or the motor. Also, one prung on the plug has a spot where you can tell it got pretty hot.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Bigtx  
#2 Posted : Monday, February 18, 2013 3:02:06 AM(UTC)
Bigtx

I have checked the power cord by unplugging it from the terminal block in the back of the dryer and I am showing 120V to each of the live wires at the pig tails... So this is telling me my power cord is good and my breaker is good. Please correct me if I am wrong on one of these assumptions.

One question I have is, should I have continuity between a live wire point on the dryer side and the neutral point on the dryer side of the terminal block? One live wire is showing continuity with the neutral and one is not. Knowing this would help me focus on one of the live wire "circuits".

Also, I have visual checked both of the circuit boards and all fuses look good and I don't see any burn marks.

Any help, suggestions, ideas, or comments would be appreciated! On a positive note, my electric bill should be lower this month :)
Bigtx  
#3 Posted : Monday, February 18, 2013 5:31:10 PM(UTC)
Bigtx

Problem solved... Heating element wires were touching the housing and causing it to short on the housing, took it apart, reinstalled it and good to go. Lesson learned!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply