Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
BANDIT030502  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, February 12, 2013 6:47:58 PM(UTC)
BANDIT030502

Groups: Registered

Hello,

I am having issues with my dishwasher not cleaning the dishes on the top rack properly. Let me start with the history of the unit. I got this from a family member and instead of installing it in the cabinet, I installed it on my old portable dishwasher frame. I added adapters for the hose from the old to the one with this unit to be connected to the sink faucet. I would say I got this unit about 12 mos ago. This washed great before I got it, and did work great for awhile, (till about 6 mos ago) when I noticed the glasses, and bowls etc, would be cloudy/filmy with hard food deposits all over them. I have tried many different cleaners to no avail. I decided to start the unit till it filled with water and then open the door while pushing the button down to see how it ran, and noticed the top spray arm would not move, I would see water just drop straight down from it, so I figured maybe the seal was bad on it, and ordered a new top arm from APP and just recieved it today, (02/12/13) installed it, and got the same result. While looking at it I noticed it only took about 8-10 seconds of filling and it would kick in, but I didn't notice any water on the bottom, so I added some more (2 pitchers) and repeat the test and it spun, so I also added a cleaner I recieved with my new spray arm from APP and running a normal cycle now to see how that does. Could there be another issue going on, and not necisarily the original spray arm? Could it be a bad fill valve, or a timing issue? If it is a timing issue how would I be able to adjust that? Sorry to be long winded here, but wanted to get everything I've tried to do here. Any help would be greatly appreciated
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.