Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jgibby65  
#1 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2013 2:13:27 PM(UTC)
jgibby65

Groups: Registered

No water to icemaker. I have replaced the water valve with a new one. This has failed shortly after installing (no continuity now in solenoid). It worked for a few cycles but then quit. I now have another new valve but I am concerned about putting it in with the old icemaker. All the mechanical parts of the icemaker appear to be ok. Do I need to get the entire new icemaker or just the control assembly? Could this part be causing the valve to short out or is there another part I am overlooking. Thanks.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Simon / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2013 3:00:50 PM(UTC)
Simon / APP Team

Groups: APP Team

Hi.

Was the first solenoid burned also?
Check if the wires are not "grounded"

Simon.
jgibby65  
#3 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2013 5:38:02 PM(UTC)
jgibby65

Groups: Registered

I read on line that a direct connection could be made to that solenoid with a 110 volt plug to a receptical and you should be able to hear it shift. When I did this there was a spark at the solenoid spade and after that there was no continuity. So I guess maybe it wasn't burn't out till then but didn't work anyway. When I put the second solenoid valve on it worked a few times then stopped. I disconnected the spade connectors from both solenoids and switched them. When the door water switch was made on the icemaker solenoid, it had a small spark in it and after that there was no continuity in it. So I'm not sure where the problem is other than I'm afraid to put the second new valve on.
Simon / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, January 29, 2013 8:32:05 AM(UTC)
Simon / APP Team

Groups: APP Team

Hi.

The solenoids on the water valve are rated for 120VAC.You can't burn them by applying the 120VAC directly to the solenoid contacts.Make sure that you are not shorting anything out when putting the power cord or switching the plugs around.This is the correct valve

Part number: W10408179
Part number: W10408179

Simon.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply