Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
JenniK  
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 17, 2013 12:47:57 PM(UTC)
JenniK

Groups: Registered

Red light is blinking on the Ice Maker Control and no ice is being made. Water dispenses fine from door dispenser and motor runs on ice dispenser. What do you think the problem is? I am hoping it is a simple fix that I can do myself!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Simon / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 17, 2013 10:24:19 PM(UTC)
Simon / APP Team

Groups: APP Team

Hi.

What is the status of the LED?
If it blinks twice followed by one blink, close the flapper door on the left and check the status again.
If it's the same (2 blinks followed by a one) - replace the optic control boards Part number: 4389102
Part number: 4389102

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Freezer Liner parts for Whirlpool KSRA25ILSS03 - AppliancePartsPros.com

Post the results.

Simon.
JenniK  
#3 Posted : Friday, January 18, 2013 7:49:39 AM(UTC)
JenniK

Hmmmm. It blinks twice continuously. When I close the flapper I get a solid red light, no blinking. Thanks for your response.
Simon / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Friday, January 18, 2013 10:29:51 AM(UTC)
Simon / APP Team

Hi.

The optic control is good. Pull out the fridge,take the bottom panel off, remove the water valve.
Switch around the electrical plugs on the valve (you may need to hold the right side to make connection or use jumper wires) and have someone push the water lever at the dispenser. If the valve is good the water will go into the icemakerand that will indicate that the icemaker is bad.

If no water - replace the valve Part number: W10408179
Part number: W10408179

The icemaker Part number: 2198597
Part number: 2198597

Simon.
j2dabizo  
#5 Posted : Friday, March 29, 2013 5:51:54 AM(UTC)
j2dabizo

Originally Posted by: Simon / APP Team Go to Quoted Post
Hi.

The optic control is good. Pull out the fridge,take the bottom panel off, remove the water valve.
Switch around the electrical plugs on the valve (you may need to hold the right side to make connection or use jumper wires) and have someone push the water lever at the dispenser. If the valve is good the water will go into the icemakerand that will indicate that the icemaker is bad.

If no water - replace the valve Part number: W10408179
Part number: W10408179

The icemaker Part number: 2198597
Part number: 2198597

Simon.

When switching the electrical plugs on the valve, they aren't the same size, so how do I connect the larger male side to the smaller female side? I don't want to push too hard and make the female side too wide?

Please advise the best way to do this, without the jumper...thank you very much btw..this post has been the best answer to my problem. Now just hoping it's one of these two issues! lol.
Simon / APP Team  
#6 Posted : Friday, March 29, 2013 11:25:18 AM(UTC)
Simon / APP Team

Hi.

The best if some one can help you holding the valve. If not then install two jumpers.
The door should be closed.

Simon.
Simon / APP Team  
#7 Posted : Monday, April 1, 2013 9:14:24 AM(UTC)
Simon / APP Team

Thank you.

Simon.
bwatters  
#8 Posted : Monday, April 16, 2018 2:14:47 PM(UTC)
bwatters

Hi Simon. Thanks for posting these troubleshooting tips! I was able to test the valve out as you described by switching the feeds from the water dispenser. We heard a hum when the water dispenser was pressed in and attached to the ice maker solenoid, but no water entered through the tube at the top of the freezer into the ice maker.

I was able to replace the valve and performed the flush routine on the water dispenser, but still have not yet been able to verify any water entering the ice maker and after doing the trick to use the water dispenser to kick off the ice maker solenoid, no water is entering the tray from the tube sticking down from the top of the freezer.

What do you think?

Thanks,
Bob
Simon / APP Team  
#9 Posted : Monday, April 16, 2018 2:35:56 PM(UTC)
Simon / APP Team

Originally Posted by: bwatters Go to Quoted Post
Hi Simon. Thanks for posting these troubleshooting tips! I was able to test the valve out as you described by switching the feeds from the water dispenser. We heard a hum when the water dispenser was pressed in and attached to the ice maker solenoid, but no water entered through the tube at the top of the freezer into the ice maker.

I was able to replace the valve and performed the flush routine on the water dispenser, but still have not yet been able to verify any water entering the ice maker and after doing the trick to use the water dispenser to kick off the ice maker solenoid, no water is entering the tray from the tube sticking down from the top of the freezer.

What do you think?

Thanks,
Bob

Hi. It sounds like the ice maker water inlet tube is frozen. You need to melt the ice. You can pull the line out or get to it from inside with a blowdryer. Keep the new inlet valve installed, most likely the old one was dripping water.
Thank you.
bwatters  
#10 Posted : Monday, April 16, 2018 6:58:46 PM(UTC)
bwatters

Simon - thanks for the lightening fast response! I found this forum while searching the 'net for helpful resources. It's people like you that keep this thing going. We really appreciate it.

I'll see if I can play with the water supply to make sure the line isn't frozen. Getting the tube back in place after pulling it sounds pretty tricky. Trying to heat it up with a hairdryer sounds like a good first move. Thank you!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply