Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
formula  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 2, 2013 5:07:21 PM(UTC)
formula

Groups: Registered

Replaced the two (rear) drum rollers, two (front) drum slides, and the belt. I did reverse the drum, which the manual says shouldn't make a difference. I didn't like the way the belt positioned/tensioned - the return side of the belt was awfully close to the belt passing over the drive pulley, but I went ahead and returned the dryer to service. Sure enough, after a few weeks, the drum stopped turning and the belt is shredded and broken.

I had kept the old belt, which was operating fine before the above work was done. I have installed the old belt and the belt position/tension is even worse than what I describe above - the return side of the belt is up against the pulley and also is running against the cutout in the metal guard - it will start to shred immediately if I start running this way.

What is wrong? Could the rollers (non-OEM) have been undersize and allowed the drum to take a lower position, thus screwing up the belt tensioning? Now that the non-OEM rollers have been running, could they have worn and dropped the drum even more?

Please help! Thanks, Rick
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 3, 2013 12:42:46 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Here are your parts
Parts for Maytag LDE8506ACE - AppliancePartsPros.com

Could the rollers (non-OEM) have been undersize and allowed the drum to take a lower position, thus screwing up the belt tensioning?
I doubt it. Take a look inside the drum, if it is low you should be able to see that the bottom has a gap and the drum is not centered on the rear wall.

Sounds like you may just have the belt on wrong. There is a good sticky with belt diagrams at the start of this section.

Also if you click on the belt's picture in the parts a new page will open witha Q&A about it.

As far as I know the belt ridges should face the motor pulley.
The flat side of the belt should ride against the idler/tension wheel.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
formula  
#3 Posted : Thursday, January 3, 2013 2:50:01 AM(UTC)
formula

denman - Have looked at the 'correct' roller part on web sites, with a picture of the roller overlaid on a 1" grid, and my rollers appear to be very close (if not the same) to the same diameter. I will check the centering of the drum on the back wall, good idea. Have also checked the belt routing per the manual and the on-line diagrams here and all is correct. Thanks.
spadovi1  
#4 Posted : Friday, July 11, 2014 9:20:04 AM(UTC)
spadovi1

....what was the final resolution ?
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply