Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
beaumart@plateautel.net  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 1, 2013 2:40:43 PM(UTC)
beaumart@plateautel.net

Groups: Registered

I posted a thread about this same washer some time ago.Koolaide was spilled down front of control panel,so I ordered parts from appliance parts pros.Ordered controll panel softtouch,and a control board,not knowing which part actually was damaged.
I installed the control panel by itself first off,when it came in and wallah! dishwasher came right on,started filling,started washing,sounded great.This dishwasher has not been running for about 2 years,just wanted to note that.I let it run on the normal cycle for about 15min,then cancelled operation and it drains automatically when you cancel.
Then I put in some amonia,a soap pack in the dispencer,and some cascade in the bottom of tub,and turned unit back on,this time put on pot scrubber mode(since this runs for longer period)set it for high temp.and sanitizer selection,and let it run.Timer went from 96min. down to about 47min.,everything was sounding fine,heard the soap dispencer drop the soap pack ,and no leaks underneath. I would open door and check how it was looking inside,scrubbed a few dirty spots,and closed door,and unit started again automatically. Then all of a sudden,unit shut down,no lights, nothing. Pushed buttons on panel,nothing,pushed start,nothing.
Checked breaker,was not tripped. So I turned off breaker,took panel down,looked to see everything looked good,no burns or broken wires.Turned breaker back on,tested door switch,was good.Shut off power, took thermal fuse out,ohmed it,and it was bad.
After saying all this,my concern is this. Remember now,I still have not installed the new control board that i ordered,just controll panel. My question is,do you think if I order a fuse kit,and replace wires and fuse,will this eliminate the problem,or will i have to install the new board along with the fuse,since this may be whats causing the fuse to blow?
Note,also i have never used the hot setting,with sanitizer before the unit broke,so don't know if it was just because the fuse and wire to it,are the defective ones that i am hearing about,or its because of the board haveing been damaged when the front control panel got damaged.
Just thought I would see if you feel I should be checking any other parts before I run it for a long period again with the new fuse.
signed almost there thanks to appliance parts pros,but still frustrated.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, January 2, 2013 3:30:55 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: beaumart@plateautel.net Go to Quoted Post
...do you think if I order a fuse kit,and replace wires and fuse,will this eliminate the problem...

Hello,

Most likely the new fuse should fix it. Sounds like the dishwasher was overheated.

- The thermal fuse Part number: 8193762
Part number: 8193762

gene.
beaumart@plateautel.net  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, January 2, 2013 8:36:41 PM(UTC)
beaumart@plateautel.net

Gene thanks for the quick reply, and advise. I have a fuse coming.What should I do if it blows it again? I will probably rarely use the hotter and longer cycles,would this help ?
Gene  
#4 Posted : Thursday, January 3, 2013 10:47:47 AM(UTC)
Gene

You can use any temperature settings when the dishwasher is loaded with dishes.

Gene.
beaumart@plateautel.net  
#5 Posted : Thursday, January 10, 2013 9:31:13 PM(UTC)
beaumart@plateautel.net

Thanks Gene for that info. Does that mean that when I ran the dishwaher w/o dishes on the high heat and sanitizer settings ,this could have been what blew the fuse? and not the fact that it needed the recalled fuse kit w./new wire. just want to clear on that for future reference. thanks for all the help. mike
Gene  
#6 Posted : Friday, January 11, 2013 1:56:16 PM(UTC)
Gene

When the dishwasher is loaded with dishes, those dishes will absorb most of the heat inside, preventing the dishwasher itself from overheating.

You have to follow all steps from the installation instructions and use all parts from the kit while replacing the thermal fuse.

Gene.
beaumart@plateautel.net  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2013 6:13:00 PM(UTC)
beaumart@plateautel.net

Gene the fuse came in and i installed just like directions said.Turned on breaker,dishwasher came on I restarted the washer on normal cycle only this time,everything was looking fine,unit started on the 94 min mark as usual,sensing light was on,and when it reached 90 min mark it dropped to 82 min instead of 89 min. then it drained and refilled ok,then washed until 76 min mark and then it just stayed at 76 min mark for over 5 min. on my watch,so i shut it down,and wanted to ask you if you think i should install the new main board that i ordered from you guys,or do you have any suggestions? thanks mike
Gene  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2013 6:39:22 PM(UTC)
Gene

I don't see anything wrong with it. After it finished sensing the soil level, the time was adjusted. Also display time does not include time spent heating the water. All of these and much more you can find in the Owner manual.

Gene.
beaumart@plateautel.net  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, May 27, 2014 9:59:20 PM(UTC)
beaumart@plateautel.net

Hello Gene, or anyone there that can help. Well its been over a year since appliance parts pros helped me fix this dishwasher. It has been working fine, until the other day , the thermal fuse blew. This happened before on this unit when i was replacing the main board an control panel. After replacing those three parts, it has worked for over a year.
I replaced the fuse last week and the unit turns on , it fills, it empties , everything seems to be working, but, i know something caused this fuse to blow, so i checked into it a little further.
I removed the heating element and it ohmed out fine, has continuity. I then tested the thermostat, after removing it and it has continuity.
The door switch must be working, or it would not have turned on.

So now im afraid if i go ahead an use it, its just going to blow the fuse, an i will be out another 17.00 bucks , so that is why im turning to you for help again. What should i test next, the motor turns freely, an i haven't checked the thermistor yeat
One odd thing i did see is one of the wires that goes to the heating element was lodged between the case of the circulation pump and the copper water supply line. It was not cut or showing any wire, just the yellow casing looked like it was rubbed to a grayish color from beeing there so long, but it cleaned off , it did look compressed in that area that was gray in color.
I was wondering if this could have created a hot spot and caused fuse to blow.
I also learned that if the water inlet temp is not high enough, it can cause the system to work hard to get temperature up to desired levels, instead of just having to hold it at desired levels. My inlet temperature was only at around 110 degrees. Should be at around 140 degrees ive learned
Well after all that said, do you think you could help me with your thoughts, so i can make my wife Denise happy, she is a very good wife an deserves a good washer thanks guys mike b.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply