Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
CK_GE_Temp  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, December 12, 2012 9:42:05 AM(UTC)
CK_GE_Temp

Groups: Registered

Hi,

I have been getting error codes F2 and F# from my GE oven and in doing research, the first suggestion was to replace the Temp sensor. I have purchased the new sensor, removed the screws from the old one and pulled it partially out. I cannot see where connector is located through the tiny hole in the back of the oven.

Do I need to remove the inner oven body and the insulation, take the oven out and go in from the back, clip the wires and attach them with solder and wirenuts or some other way. I need to know what is the least impact way to get this replaced.

Thanks for any assistance you can provide.

CK
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, December 12, 2012 5:17:43 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hello CK,

The "F2" error code means that the oven control sensed overheating condition. It could be caused by a welded relay contacts (control board) or a bad oven temperature sensor.

If it happened while the oven was in a cooking mode, then you have to check the oven sensor resistance first. It can be done at the oven control board. The normal reading is about 1100 Ohms at the room temperature.

If the reading is incorrect, then the oven temperature sensor has to be replaced.

If the reading is correct, then the problem is a bad oven control board.

If it happened while the oven was in stand by mode, then the problem is a bad oven control board.

Unfortunately the oven control board has been discontinued and is no longer available.

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Parts for GE JTP13GV2BB Wall Oven - AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply