Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
baltojeff  
#1 Posted : Friday, December 7, 2012 6:58:35 AM(UTC)
baltojeff

Groups: Registered

I just purchased a used Frigidaire model GLGF389GSA. I was able to test all the electrics before buying it (they all worked), but not the gas as it was taken out for kitchen rehab. The previous owner says everything worked when they pulled it out last week.

I have it installed in my kitchen now and have found that the top burners all work, the control panel is operational, everything BUT the oven. Both the Bake and Broil ignitors each light brightly when programmed to, but the gas does not come on and, hence, no flame.

I have tested the continuity to the gas safety valve and it DOES have it.
When on the Bake setting there is 124v to the ignitor.

From reading through the forums, I assume that the ignitors will need to be replaced. I guess I just couldn't understand why the ignitors would heat up and glow so well, but there wouldn't be enough current to open the safety valve.

Would like to get input on what to do. Need to get this fixed asap. Thank you for your help in advance.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Simon / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Friday, December 7, 2012 10:41:14 AM(UTC)
Simon / APP Team

Groups: APP Team

Hi.

Check the cut off lever on the pressure regulator to make sure it's not turned off Part number: 316091706
Part number: 316091706

Next check the amp draw of the ignitors using the amp meter. It should be over 3.0amp.

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Burner parts for Frigidaire GLGF389GSA - AppliancePartsPros.com

Post the results.

Simon.
baltojeff  
#3 Posted : Friday, December 7, 2012 11:29:22 AM(UTC)
baltojeff

Groups: Registered

It was the cutoff lever on the pressure regulator. It was a little difficult to tell which way to flip the lever. You could flip it down, and it stuck in that position, but apparently didn't open the valve. You had to flip it up (not a seemingly natural act for this device). It felt rather breakable.

It works like a charm now. Thanks for the advice. If it dies in the future, I'll certainly know where to go for parts and advice.
Simon / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Friday, December 7, 2012 11:43:44 PM(UTC)
Simon / APP Team

Groups: APP Team

You are welcome.I'm glad that you fixed the problem.

Simon.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply