Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
IARidgeRunner  
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 29, 2012 7:57:52 PM(UTC)
IARidgeRunner

Groups: Registered

Water not dispensing, but makes & dispenses ice. No noise is made when the dispenser is selected for water. The water lines are not frozen, because water came out of the line at the base of the door when the line is uncoupled and the tank in the refrig is not frozen. When I push the dispenser in the water mode, I do not have 120 volts to the water inlet valve water dispenser solenoid. Maybe the switch behind the dispenser is not working?

Thanks in advance for the help.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Friday, November 30, 2012 6:47:33 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: IARidgeRunner Go to Quoted Post
...Maybe the switch behind the dispenser is not working?...

Looks like you are on the right track Open the dispenser and check the switch for continuity.

- The dispenser switch Part number: WR23X318
Part number: WR23X318

Gene.
IARidgeRunner  
#3 Posted : Monday, December 3, 2012 9:21:47 PM(UTC)
IARidgeRunner

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
Looks like you are on the right track Open the dispenser and check the switch for continuity.

- The dispenser switch Part number: WR23X318
Part number: WR23X318

Gene.

Thanks Gene, how do I get into the dispenser on this model? I felt around the front panel with a putty knife and could not detect any clips.

Joe
Gene  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, December 4, 2012 3:37:26 PM(UTC)
Gene

Hi Joe,

There are two ways to do it and I'm not sure which one is correct.

1. You can try, using a small flat screwdriver, to unlock the tabs at the bottom of the control panel.

or

2. You can open the freezer door and try to remove the recess cover between the second and third door shelves.

Gene.
P.S. The model number you posted is incorrect. The correct model number is 363.9512780
amorak  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, January 1, 2013 8:40:05 AM(UTC)
amorak

Was this switch your problem? I have the same issue (no 120VAC to water solenoid when switch depressed)

Any thoughts?
IARidgeRunner  
#6 Posted : Friday, January 4, 2013 10:13:54 AM(UTC)
IARidgeRunner

The dispenser switch was not the problem. I had to replace the temperature control unit, so I cleaned the fridge out and let every thing thaw out for several hours. The water flowed from the dispenser just fine, so maybe there was a frozen line somewhere? I even attached a 1" thick x 6" x 10.5" piece of pink foam board to the inside door over the dispenser area.After start up and temp adjusted, water dispenser quit again. I have to set the temp control unit on the lowest setting to get fridge temps to control from 35 to 39 degrees F, and the freezer is holding at zero.
Gene  
#7 Posted : Friday, January 4, 2013 2:59:34 PM(UTC)
Gene

Hello,

In the very first post you said: "When I push the dispenser in the water mode, I do not have 120 volts to the water inlet valve water dispenser solenoid". Noway it could be related to frozen water line.

Remove the front grille. Disconnect the tubing at the quick connect. Place a container under the tubing to catch any water. Make sure the freezer door is closed and activate the water dispenser. If water comes out of the tube then the water line inside the freezer door is frozen up.

Gene.
IARidgeRunner  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, January 29, 2013 12:00:56 PM(UTC)
IARidgeRunner

Thanks Gene,

When I disconnected the tubing at the quick connect, with the freezer door closed and activated the water dispenser no water came out of the tube.

This means it is either the water dispenser solenoid, or the switch behind the dispenser (WR23X318 ) is not working?

Is there a different water dispenser solenoid for the the water dispenser & the ice-maker? because my ice maker still works.

Also, sorry I did not get back to your post sooner. I was waiting for an email notification, but did not get one. I will be sure to check back sooner.

Thanks for the assist.
Joe

Read more: http://forum.appliancepartspros...s-ice.html#ixzz2JOrw6HSs
http://forum.appliancepartspros.com

Read more: http://forum.appliancepartspros...s-ice.html#ixzz2JOrGWoTd
http://forum.appliancepartspros.com
Gene  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, January 29, 2013 5:36:07 PM(UTC)
Gene

Originally Posted by: IARidgeRunner Go to Quoted Post
...This means it is either the water dispenser solenoid, or the switch behind the dispenser (WR23X318 ) is not working?...

...Is there a different water dispenser solenoid for the the water dispenser & the ice-maker? because my ice maker still works...

Hi Joe,

It can be correct but
Quote:
... I cleaned the fridge out and let every thing thaw out for several hours. The water flowed from the dispenser just fine...
this is very confusing. It points to "frozen line somewhere".

There are two solenoids on the water inlet valve and they work separately.

I really don't know what to say in such situation. You may want to redo all tests.

Gene.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply