Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
sscaduto  
#1 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2012 1:28:37 PM(UTC)
sscaduto

Groups: Registered

When first starting wash cycle, washer starts to agitate and fill at the same time. (prior to this problem i am about to explain it would fill 1st then agitate.) Dial is set for 1 rinse. At end of spin cycle clothes are still wet. I replaced the timer. Same problem. With new timer still in place i set the rinse dial for 2nd rinse. Washer starts again to agitate and fill at the same time but at the end of the 2nd rinse cycle clothes are dry enough to put in dryer. Do i need to also change the water sensor switch to solve the problem? On my model it appears that the corresponding dial on the panel is labeled fabric softener. Is this the correct part? Also did I have to get a new timer or was the problem only the water sensor switch all along. (does the water sensor switch have a tube connected to it ?)
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

fairbank56  
#2 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2012 2:48:45 PM(UTC)
fairbank56

Groups: Expert

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
This machine has the auto load detection system which has an integral pressure sensor and yes, that's what the fabric softener control attaches to. The part is a high failure item but I would first check the plastic hose where it attaches to the air dome at the bottom right side of the tub. Check the hose and air dome for gunk. There is also a flow meter that interfaces with this switch. The flow meter monitors water flow coming into the tub.

Eric
sscaduto  
#3 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2012 4:04:14 PM(UTC)
sscaduto

Groups: Registered

Eric

Thank you for responding. I assume I will have to remove the front in order to get at the dome. Is this correct? If this looks clean will replacing the water sensor solve the problem? Also did I really have to replace the timer switch after all or can I put the old one back in and return the new one for credit?
fairbank56  
#4 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2012 5:17:08 PM(UTC)
fairbank56

Groups: Expert

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
The whole cabinet comes off in one piece after releasing the spring clips under the control panel. After releasing the clips and unplugging the lid switch plug, tilt the cabinet forward, pull the bottom forward a little and remove it. It's up to you to check the hose and air dome, it's probably ok and with the number of load sense switch problems with this model, it's most likely the problem. As far as returning the timer, you'll have to contact customer service.

Eric
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply