Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
davilas  
#1 Posted : Friday, November 2, 2012 6:54:37 PM(UTC)
davilas

Groups: Registered

I just paid $168 in repair of my bosch for labor and $250 for the new board that caused the module display to quit working. Bosch would not cover it cause they said the warranty was over. My refrigerator is not even 3 years old. So I paid for the new board and installation. I asked for my old circuit board and they said they have to send it back to bosch. Why couldn't I keep my old board, I got no credit for it, and it wasn't covered under warranty.
When you get a car repaired and its not covered under warranty, you get your old part back by law so why aren't refrigerators under the same standards.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

rickgburton  
#2 Posted : Friday, November 2, 2012 8:50:45 PM(UTC)
rickgburton

Groups: Expert

You should have got it back. Some circuit boards have a core charge (Up to $35) But if I know appliance repair companies, it was included in the price. If you want to give me your model number and the part number of the board that was replaced I can look it up and see if there is a core charge. I don't know what area you're in but the law about parts is any parts, not just car parts. If you ask for it they must give it to you. You might get charged an additional $35. if there is a core charge.
frranny  
#3 Posted : Sunday, November 4, 2012 10:51:23 AM(UTC)
frranny

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: davilas Go to Quoted Post
I just paid $168 in repair of my bosch for labor and $250 for the new board that caused the module display to quit working. Bosch would not cover it cause they said the warranty was over. My refrigerator is not even 3 years old. So I paid for the new board and installation. I asked for my old circuit board and they said they have to send it back to bosch. Why couldn't I keep my old board, I got no credit for it, and it wasn't covered under warranty.
When you get a car repaired and its not covered under warranty, you get your old part back by law so why aren't refrigerators under the same standards.

Which control board was causing the problem? We have already replaced the top left which didn't solve the problem and now going to replace the top right. Do you know which one it was?
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply